Options

Tanzania: A Grand Family Safari December 24th 2023

Would like to connect with fellow travelers booked on this trip! First order of business is to book flights which we are starting to research.

Comments

• Options

We are going to Tanzania this July..

• Options

Please report when you return

• Options

We are going on the family safari in Tanzania, on December 24th, too, and really excited! My husband and I are taking our son, his wife, and their three children, ages 8, 11, and 14. We live in Connecticut, but flying from JFK, and will arrive a day early. We are also leaving a day later because of our flight. This is our first safari.

• Options

You will have the time of your life.

• Options

Please report back on this trip. I have grandchildren the same ages. Have a great time!

• Options

JDembsky: You are seven and there are only six passenger seats in the safari vehicles. You will need to talk to the TD about having someone sit next to the driver. I’ve seen that done, and it should not be a problem, but that seat is normally used on a rotating basis by the TD. On the other hand, you may not feel the need to always be in the same vehicle.

• Options

We are due to take this tour in July 2024. There will be nine of us. We have no expectations of being in the same vehicle. When we were last in Tanzania it was late December 2019 and the short rains had just kept going so we had a couple of days of torrential rain with flooded roads. We had to take detours. Even one of the bush runways was waterlogged. I’ve been reading today that El Niño is affecting weather in Kenya. Lots of flooding and expected to be the same until April 2024. I’ve no idea whether this will affect Tanzania.

• Options

We did one trip when the water was so deep between the Tanzania border and Amboseli That I have no idea how the drivers knew where the road was. We had little or no rain, but lots of water.

• Options

Amboseli is an ancient basin/lake, and even in modern times often looks like one!!

• Options

I think it’s ok to be in separate jeeps. That way you can take pictures of friends and family members in the other jeep. Sometimes I think those are the best photo snaps next to seeing the wildlife. The photos of children when sighting an animal is worth a thousand words. They will never forget a trip like this.

• Options

I think it is a pretty special event for kids. Not many kids get to go on a Safari. Not many adults get to go on a Safari. Perhaps we should not complain if the hotel or the food does not quite meet our five star standards. All of us are very fortunate to be able to do this type of travel. We write and phone comprehensive reviews detailing the good and the not so good. But, we stop way short of “bait and switch”.

• Options

Amen to that.

• Options

Our family know it is going to be a special trip. This past summer we decided it would be worth taking them on the Bridges Red Rocks Painted canyons tour. Who knows how long we will be able to travel. When my grandson was lounging on his bed at the Four Seasons his dad said ‘This is not normal, this is NOT normal’ My husband and I thought it would be very useful in how a Tauck tour would be, so money well spent in that way. For family bonding, priceless. Everyone loved it. My granddaughter is already asking how many girls will be on the tour, she still communicates with the Canyons girls.