Options

Cyclone Gabrielle

How is the recent cyclone effecting Tauck’s tours there?

Comments

• Options

I don't know how it is affecting Tauck, and I assume things are slowly returning to normal, but my sister and BIL just got back after flying to Auckland, NZ where it was a zoo at the airport- cancelled and delayed flights, and stranded passengers and baggage everywhere!!

They flew out of Tucson on Sunday and departed SFO that night after their 8 hr layover turned into 11 hrs. The flight and landing, despite the wind were fine, but they got into Auckland OK, very late. It took them forever to get bags, and the line thru customs took 90 minutes. They headed to the domestic terminal, but the winds were so bad, ALL domestic flights were canceled for the rest of the day, they even said it was too windy to unload baggage. There were passengers stuck In Auckland that had flights canceled over three or four days still trying to get out along with all the new passengers. Lines to re-book were hundreds of people long. My sister's phone app said no available flights to Q-town till Friday. Bottom line- they would not be able to catch the sailing of their Nat Geo/Lindblad vessel. The ship was hanging out on the south side of NZ, so not affected by the hurricane/cyclone. After talking with NatGeo/Lindblad about their options they just gave up and were lucky to find a flight home!!

The link she sent me didn't work, but if you Google “Thousands more international passengers delayed by NZ cyclone" you can see a 9news.com.au report on what it was/is like there.

• Options

Oh my !!! Thank goodness I will not get there until March 10th. Scary.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file