Options

Welcome to Tauck's Namibia: Epic Safari Forum

Welcome to Tauck's Namibia: Epic Safari Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions

Comments

• Options

I went to Namibia a few years ago, it’s beautiful but does not have lots of animals to see compared to either other parts of Southern African or East Africa. We are going later in the year but not with Tauck, we wanted a longer trip.

• Options

absolutely magnificent Mil.

• Options

Stellie Hi.
    Yes, it is... reason why I'm asking Emily -Tauck if they offer a visit there... if not I will book it for my pre tour day.
    I got already the contacts . 3 hour drive from Windhoek. or by heli.

https://www.jenmansafaris.com/tours-and-safaris/sandwich-harbour-helicopter-flight/

• Options
    edited June 2023

Mil, you will see all the same type of scenery in the WALVIS Bay Area, sand dunes, salt flats, flamingoes, penguins, ship wrecks etc .I don’t think it is necessary to do a helicopter trip to Sandwich Bay. Do you do a scenic flight in that area? The tour I am taking does. Swokopland is a cute town to walk around and it”s good for souvenir shopping, that is where I bought my Kodu leather ankle boots, African fabric and a couple of lovely cushions.

• Options
    edited June 2023

When we went to Namibia,, the smallest plane we had was six people including the pilot. Mu husband sat next to the pilot, two people behind them and me at the back with luggage in the other seat, fun!

• Options

British, that's what I would like to know. Is Tauck doing that scenic flight around the Coast Aswell?
    Also, are they going to offer the air balloon flight at the Kwessi Dunes, maybe a surprise? I wan to do that too. :)
    I, I, I :) but only when I travel.

Stellie, Great... Congrats! when are you going?
    Everyone I know that has visited Namibia come back totally crazy about it.

• Options

Stellie HI.
    It sounds great, you'll love it. I'm going mid Sept. cannot wait. :)
    Start planning your xtras, if you need any help with xtras in Cape town and want info. on private guides send me a PM , I have reliable contacts.
    Have a lovely day.
    Mil.