Need advice from you "road warriors" on connecting to different terminals within Newark Airport. I have never flown thru Newark International. Next week I am flying Charlotte-Newark-Lisbon on United Airlines. Both my domestic and International flights are in Term C, so there shouldn't be any issues connecting and I assume once I go thru Security at Charlotte, I will not have to go thru Security again at Newark. I have a 6 hour layover in Newark. My original flight from Charlotte, with a 3 hour layover, got cancelled. I went from a 737 to a small Republic Air Regional Jet. Ugghhhhh.
I need advice about my return flight. Lisbon-Newark-Charlotte. I have been tracking my flights the last couple of days. It appears International flights from Lisbon arrive in Term B where I will have to go thru Customs, Immigration. I then have to depart Term B for my flight back to Charlotte which is in Term C. What is the process?
I am hoping it is just an easy transfer by the Air Tran or Shuttle Bus without having to go thru Security again. I have a 2 hour window if everything is on time. Well, we all know how that goes. LOL. I will only have carry on bags, however, the past 3 days the flights arriving from Lisbon range from 1 - 2 hours late and one flight to Charlotte was totally canceled. I haven't flown in over 5 years and haven't flown United in a very long time. They appear to not have a good on time record. My flight to and from Charlotte is on Republic Air (under the United Umbrella) which has significant delays and cancellations. I am a bit concerned. Please advise.