Options

How many tigers did u really see?

Is it realistic that u may see NO TIGERS on the India /nepal in November? Going Nov 2,2024???

Comments

• Options

From what I hear, yes.

• Options

JoWeber I took this tour December 2023. There are 5 game drives. There is a possibility you may not see a tiger. You are assigned different zones in the park in the morning and afternoon. It's a luck of the draw. We had three vehicles and were in different zones. No group saw a tiger during the 1st safari drive. The next morning we all saw a tiger from a distance and the afternoon drive my group saw a tiger close up and others eventually saw the tiger(s)--no one was disappointed. 5 game drives and 3 tiger sightings. Good Odds!

There was an Executive traveling with his wife in the region so they ventured to make a side trip to the National Park. His wife was very friendly and he finally warmed up as we were sitting in the lodge one night having cocktails. Seemed like a nice enough man--until he couldn't get his way...As I stated, everyone is assigned a zone that cannot be changed and you also cannot change the folks in your safari vehicle--it's important that everyone gets along well--no switching. Park rules. You must present your actual passport to the park authorities for each drive. Well, the executive decided there were too many vehicles assigned to the zone he was in. I later found out he raised holy hell and called some authority high up on the food chain to change his zone. Well, as luck would have it, he didn't see a Tiger and as karma would have it--the zone he fought to remove himself from (which was the zone I was in), saw a tiger. That was his last chance as he and his wife were flying out that day. When we returned to the lodge, he asked me if I saw a Tiger and I said yes. He didn't respond. It was after he left that I found out he switched zones. What he didn't understand is the Naturalist and the spotters do their homework . While they cannot guarantee you'll see a tiger, they communicate with the naturalist in the other zones and usually know the tiger movements.

Don't fret--there's a high probability you will see a tiger. We also had near perfect weather for views of Mt Everest.

You will have several pinch me moments due to all the beautiful sights and the atmosphere. It is a great tour!

• Options

We were on this trip in October 22. Really fantastic! There were 12 on our trip, so three safari vehicles headed out each morning and afternoon in Bandhavgarh. Our group saw one tiger on one of the drives. Now, it was a spectacular sighting, and the tiger stayed with us for 15 minutes....it walked onto the road and followed our vehicle as we backed up. That was the only tiger we encountered. The other two groups never saw one. You get lucky or you don't on these safaris. However, there is just a lot to see on these drives, so even if you do not encounter a tiger, it's still wonderful.

• Options

Thks. U went to which parks?
    CHITWAN & BANDHAVGARH NAT ??
    U saw rhinos?

• Options
    edited March 4

We were on this tour in March of 2017. Seeing tigers is an elusive proposition. You may or may not see them. Even if you don’t see any tigers the trip is well worth it as there is an abundance of other wildlife you will see.

Our safari group in Bandhavgarh National Park had one tiger sighting. The tiger was quite a bit back in some brush and somewhat difficult to see. I used a 300 mm zoom lens on a DSLR camera to capture this image.

Another safari vehicle from our tour group had a bit better luck. Someone in that group shared out this photo which was taken on an iPhone.

• Options

Anyone know if all days are zones 1,2 an 3. 3 being best with a lake for tiger viewing?

• Options

I did the Northern India and Nepal tour in February…I just got back….We saw tigers in India on the very last drive, the last 8 minutes of that drive… It is entirely possible that you will not see any tigers…the reserves are beautiful and we were resigned to not seeing any tigers…we would have enjoyed it anyway..it is all just luck….we saw the tiger in Gate 2…or other group saw their tiger at Gate 3…enjoy…it is a great trip!

• Options

So was it worth it? Which zones did u go to? I heard zone 3 was the best.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file