I have approximately 5 weeks until the start of our Tour "Impressions from the Seine: Paris to Normandy". I am a member of a Facebook group called "Les Frenchies-Paris Travel Tips (which is a great site for all things pertaining to Paris and surrounding areas) and there have been a few recent posts as of a couple of days ago that the water levels on the Seine in Paris are high and several of the Seine dinner cruise reservations are being canceled as the water is too high for the boats to pass under the bridges. The owner of Les Frenchies website stated that this is not always unusual for this time of year but is most likely due to the current daily rains. He stated the water levels should start receding in about 2-3 weeks. Let's hope so. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the waters will recede by the time our boat departs Paris.
Anyway, I just wanted to post a couple of interesting website links which monitor the current water flow levels for all of you "nerds" out there. The main web site: "French Waterways" https://www.french-waterways.com/practicalities/cruising-conditions/ has all kinds of different information and it references a link to https://www.vigicrues.gouv.fr/ which has a great interactive ability to see the various trouble areas along all the rivers in France. As of today, parts of the Seine from Paris to Rouen are coded yellow which states "risk of flood overflow".
As a side note, I received a package from Tauck yesterday that contained a lovely little wallet with a 10 Euro note tucked inside which included a little note to enjoy your first refreshment ashore on us. I know there has been a previously posted discussion about people receiving various little gifts prior to their upcoming trips, but I think it is a nice gesture on behalf of Tauck. This is the first time I have ever received a little gift from Tauck and I have traveled with them on a few trips since 2002. It appears to be something new that Tauck has initiated. I like it.