Options

Pre trip tour Cape Town

Hello everyone
My husband and I will be embarking on the tour that commences on June 21/2024. We will be arriving a day early and we’re interested in exploring the Cape Fusion tour with Pam. (walking, eating like locals, touring, etc.) Of course the tour cost is predicated on how many participate. The tours are private so they do not independently group “strangers.”

Also, does anyone know why the Tauck tour no longer visits Robben Island. Is it worth an independent visit. I have read mixed reviews.

Comments

• Options

I was on this tour in May and booked a Robben Island tour. I had trouble booking online, so I contacted the concierge at Cape Grace Hotel (fabulous) and he ordered the tickets for us.I did have to supply our passport information to him. The tickets were waiting for us when we arrived. You need to watch the weather- the boat trip is a bumpy ride and depends on good weather. Tauck had a lecture by Christo Brand, a guard/friend of Mandela's, Mr. Brand wrote a book, which I bought and read. I was very happy that I had visited the island before the lecture. The Cape Grace Hotel was shut down and remodeled after our trip. The staff was amazing. The hotel had a car and driver who dropped us off and picked us up at local areas in Capetown. I can't say enough good things about that hotel.

• Options

If anyone is going to be in Cape Town on May 17 and is looking to go to Robben Island, please message me. I booked a tour for that date and cannot go but would be happy to forward you the ticket that was e-mailed to me.

• Options

My husband and I are on the Elegant Adventure tour in September. We are arriving in Cape Town a few days early (Sept. 10). We also are looking into a food tour with either Cape Town Fusion or Viator. For only 2 of us and an 8-9 hour private tour with Cape Town Fusion, the cost is nearly $500 compared to a 3.5 hour tour with Viator for about $225. Those who have been on either, please comment on pros, cons, and value as we are trying to make an informed decision for the best experience. Thanks.

• Options

Jan,
    In 2019, I did an 8+ hour tour with Cape Fusion: the city tour which is essentially the foodie tour plus city tour /history. This was the recommendation of Pam at Cape Fusion to combine the Cape Town Eats City Walking with Constantia wine tour/foodie tour. It was fantastic! It was a full day - fun, delicious and informative. I highly recommend.

• Options

Thanks, Nancy. We confirmed a res with Cape Fusion for September. I’m sure it will be great.

• Options

JanP - You won’t regret going with Cape Fusion! They are fantastic and well worth the money, IMHO. I will tell you that friends of ours on their first visit to South Africa had a tour with Pam and absolutely loved it (that’s how we found out about Cape Fusion). They had previously booked a tour to the Winelands with another company on a different day - but after having Pam, they were disappointed with it. So when they went back to Capetown another year, they booked a Winelands tour with Pam and they were very pleased! 😊

• Options

I did a tour of the vinelands with Viator, only 5 people, it was great, the wine tasting and lunch at one of the places was very good, that was 12 years ago so things may have changed by now.