Options

England, & The West Country

Looking at this new tour for 2025 and I notice it has a pace and activity level of 4. Reading the day by day itinerary I’m trying to figure out how they determined this. It doesn’t seem like it should be rated that way,

Comments

• Options

Wow. St Michaels Mt, Tintagel (castle ruins) and Port Isaac would be some serious walking. The rest doesn't seem that ambitious. The 4 for pace is hard to see from the itinerary without knowing morning start times, etc. Looks interesting though.

• Options

NJcolleen,

I took a cursory look at the website and noticed that Tauck has a cautionary statement about the extent of walking and on very steep terrain at times. However, I also noticed there are times where hotel stays are for three nights (which I always relish).

I'm sure if you call Tauck they can give you additional insight. If you do learn more information please report back. Thanks.

• Options
    edited June 7

I was scheduled for a week-long art tour to Cornwall last year w/UK based ACE Cultural Tours, but the King's Coronation led them to radically change dates & I couldn't do original brilliant plan, back-to-back with a Tauck tour to France. Anyway, ACE has dropped their visit to St. Michael's Mount & offered me this explanation, so heads-up:
    "I spoke with a tour manager who went there with a group and the reason it was taken off the itinerary was that the group found it too arduous a trek. It seems like a wonderful day out and very much worth seeing; the consensus is you have to be quite fit to get the most out of it. They say: ancient and rugged, some parts of the island and castle can be very tricky to navigate, especially if you have limited mobility. Paths around the island are steep, cobbled and uneven with no handrails in some places. There are unguarded edges and steep drops."

• Options

Thanks, MarketArt, for the additional insight.