Hello!
My 81-year old mother and I will be arriving in Paris one day before our Impressions from the Siene River Cruise in September. We booked the Pre-Cruise Hotel directly through Tauck and will be staying at the Hotel Napolean. Our flight from the US arrives at CDG at 6:00 AM! We have the Tauck provided transportation to the Hotel.
My question is has anyone who has done this been able to check in to their hotel when they arrive that early in the morning? We will have been up for a full 24-hours by that point and thinking about having to wait to check in at 3:00 PM is daunting. I can't imagine what we would do if we had to wait around until 3:00 PM...obviously do some kind of sightseeing to pass the time. Someone on another travel site suggested we book 2 nights at the pre-cruise hotel and then just call the hotel the day we leave the US and tell them we will be late, thus guaranteeing we have a room available when we arrrive. That seems like an unecessary and pricey expense for what might be a few hours. I called Tauck and a representative told me that if a room is available, we will be allowed to check in. I realize there are no guarantees.
Has anyone experienced this when arriving a day before the cruise at such an early time? Were you able to check in and if not, what did you do to pass the time? My mother wants to visit Saint Chappelle, so I am going to get tickets for that in advance, but trying to decide if we just head right there after arriving at the hotel or get tickets for later in the day.
Many thanks!