On Safari

Are the game drives an issue for anyone with back issues? I was reading that some of the other game drives
in other African countries are really bad because of the roads. I was wondering if Kruger is the same or might
have a bit better roads. Thanks!

Comments

• The tour goes to private concessions which don’t have paved roads. It”s common to go ‘off road’ on these when you often drive right over small trees and bushes that then spring up after the vehicle goes over then. So it gets bumpy. It’s awesome! But maybe not good for your back.

• The tour goes to private concessions which don’t have paved roads. It”s common to go ‘off road’ on these when you often drive right over small trees and bushes that then spring up after the vehicle goes over then. So it gets bumpy. It’s awesome! But maybe not good for your back.

• Thank you British! This is very helpful!

• Hi, just a good off-tour today on the Elegant Adventure. My wife has a bad back with 2 surgeries and we were as concerned as you. After 8 days on Safari, my wife found no problem with her back. The paths taken by the safari vehicles are all over dirt roads and they have bumps on all the roads. The ranger/drivers go slowly over the larger bumps and when they drive off the road into the bush to chase an animal sighting, they drive very slowly. You board the vehicles at the lodge off a platform, so there is no problem getting into any of the three rows of seats. I would recommend the middle row for less shock. Each tour stops for coffee in the morning and sundowners at evening safaris, and climbing out of the vehicle can be difficult with a bad back, but the guide and ranger go out of there way to help. I would not put off the trip and might suggest a back brace for some additional support. It is a great trip; don't let the issue with a back change your minds.