London Hotel Comparison

I recently received Tauck's e-mail regarding new hotel choices for some of their riverboat cruises. For those who have stayed at both the Savoy and Rosewood, can you offer a brief comparison? I have stayed at the Savoy but not the Rosewood.

We are interested in things to do in close proximity to hotels, as well as the amenities of the hotels. For example, we enjoyed strolling in Covent Gardens and along the Thames. Tea at the Savoy was very special. Pub visits do not interest us.

I know I can research the Rosewood, but I thought I might receive better information here. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Comments

• I und this direct comparison!

https://www.tripexpert.com/london/hotels/rosewood-london-vs-the-savoy

They are obviously in a similar location both near Covent Garden and near some theatres which would be important to me personally for evening entertainment.

• Thank you. Yes, I can research on my own but was looking for personal experiences as indicated. We can see theatrical performances here, so that does not appeal to us unless it is something very different and unique.

• edited October 10

Kfnknfzk. So many plays and musicals begin in London and even regional theatre in Britain. Many of them do not make it to the US. My favorite stage actor Mark Rylance was recently in a West End play and I’m sad it won’t make it to Broadway.
    Hope someone has had personal experience with the Rosewood, it looks nice. I’ve stayed at the Conrad and the down market Strand Palace, the latter just recently Just a place to sleep between site seeing dinners and theatre for us.

• If adding at least four (4) days, I will certainly look into a performance. I, however, am quite ignorant on British theatre and, as such, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'll worry about that if I do plan a return trip to London.

• It's very much like Broadway, with a lot of the same shows. The main difference is they are harder to understand :)