I have a couple of GoPros too. I'll just hook them to the Jeep and see if I get anything. We'll see if I am sorry after it is over.
I'll try to post a link to some pictures.
I'll be interested in hearing how the GoPro works in Africa. I got one a couple of months ago and just recently tried it out. I attached it to a bicycle helmet and filmed while riding around my neighborhood. I think the ultra wide shots these cameras take makes them better suited for relatively close-up shots.
I plan to take it on the Alps trip next week and do more testing. First, helmet mounted, during a Segway tour of Munich, then hand-held at other times where it might be appropriate? - cog railway, gondola, sliding down the chute in the salt mine, etc. but other than that I don't have any ideas. I think it won't be much good for mountain vistas, etc.
For Africa I am thinking about attaching it via a flexible connector to the tripod mount on the top of a hiking stick so I can shoot really close-up encounters with animals like the one reported in someones blog where a lioness and her two older cubs decided to stop and rest against the side of a safari vehicle for a little shade. I also plan to experiment with an over/under rig- attach the GoPro to the hot shoe on the top or the tripod mount on the bottom of my Canon DSLR. If the hiking stick arrives in time and I am able to find or fabricate the necessary adapters this week, I'll also take everything on the Alps trip.