Options

Mozzy, etc. repellent??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jan, I haven't been in the forum for a while and am certainly concerned about your shingles. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and wishing for a speedy recovery.

• Options
    Hi guys,
    I used Ben's wipes with 30% deet that I got at REI. They are easy to pack and I threw a couple in my backpack each day and they were great!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Jan, get well soon, maybe you'll have a mild, short-lived case!

Here are two visuals to raise your spirits- I've been thinking about two options for mosquito protection-

"Man in a Bubble"- a bit awkward to get around, but on a positive note might absorb the bad bumps while riding in the Toyota, or

Have a hook attached to the top of my head so I can be dipped into a vat of some appropriate liquid- either a repellent or what we used to call "liquid gloves," which starts out as a liquid then turns to a dry, rubbery film. It was something I used to protect my hands when working with fiberglass epoxy resin and other nasty stuff.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    AlanS,

I hope your concern about mosquitoes is like mine....unnecessary. Can't say that it will be, but I hope it is. I honestly didn't have any issues with mosquitoes or tsetse flies. If I go again, I'll just have the hotel's spray and wipes. I won't bring any of my own along. As long as you are comfortable with your plan, it will be a success.

I know you have been chomping at the bit for this trip and can't imagine anything that will put a damper on it for you. It was the highlight of my travels so far and I am sure you will find it to be the same.

Travel safely.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file