Options

Weather in Ireland currently, June 8, 2015

We will be traveling to Ireland next week. Please comment on the weather currently and, if you know the forecast, for next week, please share that, too. Hope you're having a wonderful tour. Thank you.

Marty

Comments

• Options
    Marty, you can go to Weather.com and put in the names of the towns you will be visiting and select the ten day forecast. I do this before every trip and it is good for a general trend. But hey, you are going to Ireland so prepare for drizzle which is why that country is a lovely green. Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Weatherunderground.com is another website that will give you current and forecast weather. If you are outside the ten day extended forecast window you can call up historical data for any year, month, day in the past. I always do that before I select a departure.

I added customized countdown timers and Weatherunderground time/temp gizmos for listed locations to the homepage I built for my computer's Internet browser. We are taking the 5 September 2015, Best of Ireland tour (and the 22 May 2016 Classic Italy, Small Groups tour). Here is a partial screen grab I just did. It looks a bit nippy in the northeast!:

ie_temps.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015
    We were in Ireland this time last month. From my experience, I would suggest you layer, have an umbrella, and have a light raincoat. Ireland is green! Rain makes things green!

When visiting the Cliffs of Moher, the rains and winds were practically torrential. Going into the visitor's center after, I noticed that almost all of the pictures on display showed like conditions.

I still wouldn't have missed it for the world!
  • Options
    Thanks to those who advised about Weather. We're here now (day 2) enjoying great weather, wonderful sights and an outstanding tour director, Lauren. Highly recommend this tour.

Marty

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file