Isabella II

Are there hair dryers in your stateroom on the Isabella II?

Comments

• I found this description of Isabella II's amenities on CruiseCritic's site.

"Cabins amenities include hair dryers, telephones, safes and 110-volt, U.S.-style outlets."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=678
  • QUESTION: Looking to confirm that folks with US appliances/power cords do NOT need plug adapters onboard the Isabela II to charge things like phones. (FYI: I see the voltage details in our Tauck booklet, but nothing is said about the adapter/outlet situation. I also couldn't find anything about this on the Isabela II website.) Thanks in advance!

• BayStater, 2:37PM, QUESTION: Looking to confirm that folks with US appliances/power cords do NOT need plug adapters onboard the Isabela II to charge things like phones. (FYI: I see the voltage details in our Tauck booklet, but nothing is said about the adapter/outlet situation. I also couldn't find anything about this on the Isabela II website.) Thanks in advance!

As rabo posted"Electricity: 110 – 220 V / 60 Hz" that is US power, which means standard US receptacles. I think the hair dryer was kept in the desk drawer.

• edited November 2019

Yes, has US outlet, but how much space does one extra adapter take, might be useful at a foreign airport.

• Also, mentioned by me, British and others in numerous old threads on multiple forums, is the suggestion, if you have multiple electronics, bring a travel size multi-outlet power strip- then you can charge all your devices at a single outlet location.

There are many inexpensive types and styles available from Amazon and other retailers. This 4 outlet strip from Monster has a short wrap-around cord that stows neatly, 3 US 120V receptacles, and two USB power ports. It looks like it comes with a universal adapter too.

• Thank you, both. Good advice... yes, I always travel with a power-strip and a small adapter (similar to the image). However, with two of us and chargers for cameras and such, we would want/need multiple adapters if necessary. Thanks again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file