Helicopter tour of Victoria Falls

Arriving on Sept 16th Any information on Helicopter tours over falls?

Comments

• Your local guide in Victoria Falls can arrange for the helicopter tour. I believe the price was around $160/person for a 15 minute flight.

• edited August 2015
    The information I can give you about a helicopter tour over the Falls is a little different but I remember it well for the following reasons. We were on the South Africa Elegant Adventure tour that ended in Zimbabwe at the Falls. My husband wanted to do the Zipline adventure over the Zambezi. I decided to chill out in the lovely surroundings of the hotel instead, our last day. On the Farewell dinner the night before, a lovely gentleman solo traveller had booked the helicopter tour but became unwell, he asked our tour guide if she could go around the tables and ask if anyone would take his place, he insisted he did not want payment, he just wanted it to not go to waste. Everyone kept saying no, they were already going or just wanted to chill like me. By the time she got to our table, it was the last one and still no-one had taken the offer up, so I said yes. There was a certain lady on tour who had been complaining about everything, people were avoiding her, just fed up with it. She turned out to be on my helicopter. Now when you do these rides, they do weigh you and place you exactly where they want you on the ride, this means six people, three on each side, and guess where miss moaning Minnie was put, yep, in a middle seat, boy did she kick up a fuss, it was so embarrassing but the pilot would not move her, she moaned she would not be able to see, untrue, but she moaned anyway. So apart from that lovely lovely man, who had heart issues by the way, but who was so delighted his ride did not go wasted ----and of course the splendid views of those magnificent Falls, I am ashamed to say that my memory just will not forget the glee I experienced over seeing this woman for once put in her place, naughty, I know, but I could not help being amused. Let's face it, whatever I post on here in no way represents how I am on a Tauck tour which is on my best behavior, low key and try to enjoy myself and give the tour director an easy time. Go on the helicopter ride, have fun but remember they will weigh you!
  • Wow! That is pretty pricey!

In 2013, we paid only slightly more than that per person for a two-person 75 min. flight over over Waimea Canyon and the Na Pali coast on Kauai, Hawaii in a doors-off helo with unrestricted viewing. Prices have gone up since then, but that was for a flight that was three times as long and arguably over more majestic scenery.

IMG_46361.jpg
  • I just did helicopter ride over Falls in Oct. Price was $350 per person for 30 min (which I recommend) and absolutely worth it! I also rode on an elephant in Zambia (arrived a day early) and LOVED it.