Options

Joy riverboat

Traveling on the Joy Riverboat Cruise from Prague to Budapest on June 22, 2016. My question is do they really get dressed up for the first night dinner?

Comments

• Options
    We've done 2 Tauck river cruises and yes there is generally an effort made for the Welcome and Farewell dinners in comparison to other nights. Some cruises have special occasion dinners off the shirt as well. Depends on the itinerary.

Some men go all the way with jacket, dress slacks, and tie. Women in dresses, heels, etc. On our last cruise in Oct for those dinners most of the men wore a long sleeve dress shirt and nice slacks. Some added a tie and/or pullover sweater. The vast majority of women wore nice slacks (mostly black) and a pretty top with a bit of lace, bling, scarf, etc. There were a few skirts and no dresses.

The Before You Go tab for your cruise has the current Tauck guidelines for packing.

My biggest advice is not to over pack on the dressy stuff. Bring one special outfit for the above mentioned dinners (nobody cares if you wear is more than once). During the rest of the cruise wear comfortable but nice outfits appropriate for the weather that you can wear to dinner with little or no need to dress up. On our summer cruise I wore capris or very casual skirts and a nice travel friendly top (knit). If I had worn my lace up hiking shoes I changed to nice sandals and added a wrap or scarf. A wrap or nice sweater is essential if you want to go up on the deck as it can be very cool there in the evening even in the summer.
  • Options
    maribone99 wrote:
    Traveling on the Joy Riverboat Cruise from Prague to Budapest on June 22, 2016. My question is do they really get dressed up for the first night dinner?

We are on the same cruise. I plan to bring a suit with tie for the special nights. Hope to meet you in June.
    Best regards,
    Ed and Vicki
    Asheville, NC
  • Options
    I have been on 2 river boat cruises and people got more dressed up on the last night of cruise then the 1st when many are tired from traveling.
  • Options
    Hi Ed and Vicki,

Looking forward to meeting you in June. Heard Tauck is the way to go!

Ron, Marilyn and Mark young
  • Options
    We have 6 couples on this inaugural cruise.....most from South Florida...can't wait

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file