Options

Blue Danube Eastbound

Is anyone going on the May 19 Blue Danube cruise. This will be our first Tauck tour and river cruise. Any travel suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    Im going on the same cruise with my daughter and son-in-law. Its their first also, but I've done a few. There's lots of walking during the day and lovely evenings on the boat to relax and enjoy food, music, people. Pack lightly, pack layers. It may be chilly or get hot during the day. Tauck's attention to details is astounding. As specific questions???
  • Options
    Just returned from Prague to Budapest. We had unusually cold weather in Prague and Vienna so make sure you have layers. Make sure to pack a Jacket and tie and nice outfit for women. Don't be afraid to opt out of tours if you are tired. You will have many early days. You can always tour on your own or many times catch up with a tour. I took a taxi on a few occasions and Tauck happily arranged transportation, however that will not be included in your tour price. I can not begin to praise Tauck enough outstanding on every level.
  • Options
    We are going in August and have been offered a cat 5 cabin on ruby deck. We are currently in cabin 301 on diamond ceck. Any comments as to which would be best cabin. We are a little concered about noise from Sun Deck if we keep Diamond Deck. Ruby deck is a little larger, but seems like it may have smaller view since the loft from cabins below sees to impinge on the cabin above it.

Thaks for any input.

Susan
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I'd take the ruby deck cat 5 in a heart beat.

We were in 201 (which is the exact same layout as 301 but on the ruby deck) on the Inspire last fall and the lobby noise was a pain on a couple of occasions when there were late night options to go ashore and on the last night when half the passengers had very early flights (the staff has to get up extra early and start toting luggage out to the bus).

The windows are the exact same size so you won't loose anything there. Also, you get a much bigger bathroom and your own coffee maker.
  • Options
    Susan, Stay with diamond deck. I believe you get room service for breakfast... really helpful when you're getting ready in the morning. We didn't have have noise that distracted us.
  • Options
    According to Tauck's description of ship's amenities, "American breakfast room service available in Category 7 suites". Susan is talking about Category 5 staterooms.

• Options
    Claudia just out of curiosity did you have any problems with hot water in your Inspire cabin #201 last fall? We had that cabin in April 2015 and had to call most mornings and they adjusted something so we could have hot water for shower. Other than that cruise was spectacular. Thanks
  • Options
    No, it was fine. Must have fixed whatever problem you were having. Except for the noise issues I noted earlier, it was a great cabin. I really liked the layout and size.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file