Options

change for 2017

For Tauck: Why did you change the itinerary for 2017 from 2016 for the "Blue Danube" tour?

Comments

• Options
    You might get a better answer if you specify what change to the itinerary you are concerned with. Is it a particular town or sight you wanted to see? Tauck does make changes - generally in response to travelers critiques at the end of the trip. It could also be because the Danube tends to have low summer water levels that throw off the scheduled stops.
  • Options
    I am booked for 2016 Danube. First port-of-call after leaving Regensburg is Passau. Looking at the 2017 trip, Passau is not shown and is replaced with two other stops. Just curious.
  • Options
    Tauck is always tweaking the tours. Many changes are from the comment cards at the end of the trip. Passau was a great stop, but I do know there are many problems with flooding. Maybe the change is do to flooding damage of the town.
  • Options
    We just booked east bound for May 18, 2017 and noticed a number of changes. None of the cruises begin in Reagensburg, but instead begin down river. Our specific cruise begins in Straubing, others begin in Vishofen. My guess is that they are dealing with two issues, water levels near Reagensburg and docking space in Passau. I noticed that Viking begins their cruises in Passau (that for me is a good reason to skip Passau). Several other lines do the same thing. Having completed a Rhine cruise with Tauck last year I trust their wisdom as far as itinerary is concerned. The Blue Danube trip looks like a great itinerary and Tauck does a great job of removing all the worries of river cruising.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file