Options

dress for evenings

we will be taking this cruise in August and are wondering what is appropriate to wear for the evening events in Prague, Vienna and Budapest. I have been unable to get response to this question from Tauck.

Comments

• Options
    If you look on the web page on this site for your cruise you will find a Tab titled "Before You Go" which has a wealth of information on everything from what to pack, weather, money, etc etc.

Here is the specifics from that link:

"During evenings aboard the riverboat, dress is resort casual. Items such as slacks and collared shirts are appropriate for men. For women, slacks, a dress or a skirt and blouse are suitable. For dinner and throughout the evening, guests should refrain from wearing shorts, t-shirts, jeans, sandals, flip-flops or sneakers. Your journey also includes one or two special occasion dinners, where a sport coat and tie for gentlemen and a dress/pantsuit for ladies are suggested. "

Attire on tours, and river cruises specifically, is discussed on numerous threads throughout this forum. It's pretty much the same for all cruises - a few cruises have special occasion events (beyond just the welcome & farewell dinners) that are noted in the itinerary. Just click on the Search button (next to Active Topics), type in "attire" and you'll get links to pages of discussions.

Hope you have a great cruise.
  • Options
    As the prior post notes, there are various conversation threads you can refer to that address this issue.

I sailed the Blue Danube cruise 2 years ago. I can tell you that while there was a variety of dress attire among the passengers, most of them leaned towards dressy for these 3 evenings. For Budapest I believe I went with a jacket, but open collar shirt, no tie. Vienna and Prague were definitely dressier evenings. I wore a dress shirt, tie and jacket, as did many, but not all, of the men.

Enjoy the cruise, it's a wonderful trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file