Options

We just completed our Blue Danube trip in Budapest on May 2nd

This trip exceeded our expectations. The weather was fine for us as we're coming from SF Bay area. The MS Savor team was impeccable. I could not have hand-picked better passengers. Shout out to Karel, Daisy, and Jeremy!

If you're reading this it is probably because you're relatively new to cruising. Here are a couple of tips:
1) Bring your ATM card for easy local currency withdrawals
2) Bring a credit card with no foreign transaction fees and call them before you leave
3) ship does have wifi but not strong enough for icloud backup... therefore, IF you take photos on your cell, plan on downloading those to a tablet or laptop or some other device. (In case your cell becomes non operational and you lose them) :-(
4) Next time, I will get an international plan on my cell so that when I take photos the Location will be on to help me identify the photos later (IF you've downloaded them in case your cell becomes non operational!) :-(
5) I brought a lightweight backpack and threw camera (nikon), water, down jacket in it as just in case... we got to carry umbrella for our rain, snow, and sleet. :-)
6) If you're involved, you won't have a lot of free time so bring one book, not two. :-)
7) cobble stone every where... bring sturdy walking shoes.
8) IF your schedule allows, definitely go a day early and stay a day later.
9) Go to Seatguru.com to investigate seats on various air-carriers... don't fly united!! Lufthansa is better choice!

Those are just some of the significant comments I have for you. I met a 93 yo woman on our trip who traveled alone from Australia... she did just fine with the walking and such.

Have a funtastic trip!

Comments

• Options
    Nice job with the suggestions Pam. Worth reading for all river cruises.

On identifying pictures, I keep all the daily schedules, maps, info sheets etc from my cruises to help me remember details otherwise it all becomes a blur.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file