Options

HAIR STRAIGHTENERS

I heard that hair straighteners cannot be used on river boats. Could someone confirm whether or not this is the case, please, and if so why they cannot be used. I was in the hairdressers on Tuesday and said I had heard this and there were lots of horrified looks!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Call Tauck directly and ask them to be sure on this.

I do remember when on the Swiss Emerald 2 years ago that they didn't want passengers to use items such as their own blow dryers, irons, hot curlers, curling irons, etc due to the amount of electricity they draw. They provide hair dryers for your use and you can borrow an iron/ironing board.

If you do call, please post the answer so others can benefit.
  • Options
    I did as you suggested, Claudia, and e-mailed Tauck. I have just received their reply saying that hair straighteners can be used on their river boats.
  • Options
    Thanx for posting the reply. There's all sorts of horror stories on the internet about people using American hair appliances in Europe - especially if they aren't dual voltage, aren't insulated, etc. Check out the posts on Rick Steves website. Both the bathroom and staterooms on Tauck ships have 110 outlets so you should be fine there.

I always use the hairdryer provided by the ship or hotel and they work ok, but definitely not as powerful as the one I use at home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file