British- B/SA/Z?

British- I was going through all the old B,SA,Z trip forum posts earlier this evening, but never saw one with your flight arrangements. What did you end up with?

Since this trip is looking more and more like it could become a reality for us next year or the following year (we are already scheduled for Peru & the Galapagos this coming March) and I know things will likely change and it is a looong way out, I've already been doing flight what-ifs. I still like the Ethiopian Air option, especially now that ET provides 787-8 Dreamliner service from Capetown to Addis Ababa. It would be similar to our ET flights to K&T which were great. Our routing for B,SA,Z would be Dulles, non-stop to Addis Ababa on a 777-300, a short flight on a 737-800 to Nairobi both on ET, finally a short Kenyan Air flight to Livingstone arriving at 3:15PM- a reasonable hour! Though there are stops in Addis and Nairobi, they are only 2.5 hrs or less, and we avoid having to stop in Amsterdam, London, or Johannesburg (or spend overnight in Johannesburg). Their Business Class price is right, too. The return routing would be Capetown to Addis on a 787-8 Dreamliner and Addis to Dulles on a 777-300. All legs except the short ones to Nairobi and Livingstone would be on planes with flat bed seats!

In one of your posts you sounded like you were struggling with what to pack so I was wondering if you have given any more thought to wearing your usual sleeping attire for the night on the Pan? : )

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Brief reply, family emergency and going out early for another event today. British airways to Heathrow, yikes I think. 11 hour layover. Then via Johannesburg to Livingstone. Seems It's hard to avoid Johannesburg going to Southern Africa, but we have taken this route before on the Elegant SA tour but on South African Airways. Return, Capetown then Heathrow, decent layover. Think that is correct, not in position to check. By the time we booked, a long long time ago, business and premium had already sold out. We tried to see if we could change recently but just nothing doing. We can use a lounge at Heathrow for about three hours. My seven plus hours from Heathrow recently went so fast, my only part I am worried about is the long layover. After such long flights to Australia, NewZealand etc the times seem a Breeze, we will just deal and enjoy the thought of the savings on air.
    Tell you night plans another time!