Options

outlets on boats?

We are on the Amsterdam-Budapest May 1, 2017, cruise on the Esprit. Can anyone tell me about the electrical outlets in the cabins? I have a bi-pap machine and, as is normally the case in this electronic age, between my wife and myself we will have the usual "stuff", iPad, smart phones, kindle, etc. Would it be wise to bring a power strip, and do we need to have adapters for European current. Also, where are the outlets located? Will I need an extension cord for my bi-pap (I have the left side of the bed as you look from the foot)? I would appreciate any knowledge and/or advice given.

Comments

• Options
    We are on the Amsterdam-Budapest May 1, 2017, cruise on the Esprit. Can anyone tell me about the electrical outlets in the cabins? I have a bi-pap machine and, as is normally the case in this electronic age, between my wife and myself we will have the usual "stuff", iPad, smart phones, kindle, etc. Would it be wise to bring a power strip, and do we need to have adapters for European current. Also, where are the outlets located? Will I need an extension cord for my bi-pap (I have the left side of the bed as you look from the foot)? I would appreciate any knowledge and/or advice given.

A description of the Esprit and its amenities can be found at this link under "Overview" > "Amenities". In part, it says, "110-volt and 220-volt outlets included in every cabin for small electronics" The location of the outlets likely depends on cabin/cabin type.

I suggest you get a travel mult-outlet strip like the ones below. I and many other travelers use them. The first one is the popular Monster MP OTG400. You'll find tons of them on Amazon, many also have USB power ports.

s-l225.jpg

41hnQu1XIML._AC_US174_.jpg
  • Options
    As to outlets, you have two of each kind (110v and 220v) in the bathroom and 2 more in the stateroom. In most staterooms the 2 are located at the little glass topped desk next to the wardrobes. Not sure on the Cat 7 suite but likely near the sofa. The newer ships also have some 220v outlets near the head of the bed, but the older ones like the Esprit might not.

An extension cord for your bi-pap is probably a good idea depending on how long you machine's cord and/or tubing runs.

The ones that Alan recommended with both regular plugs and usb are very nice since most modern tech like kindles, smart phones, etc could plug in directly without an adaptor. In fact for an upcoming UK trip the only adaptor I bought just has USB outlets.

You don't have to have an adaptor but they can be handy if you and your spouse are both trying to charge things at the same time and your haven't brought the type of outlet Alan suggested. Also, if you have any hotel stays included in this trip. Most European hotels only have 220v outlets. If you want one, get the "european" adaptor. I picked up a basic one from Target for a few dollars.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file