Adaptors/Converters

We'll be taking plug adapters to S. Africa. Does anyone know if converters are also needed to change the voltage or does this depend on the type of electronic device you're planning to use?

Comments

• Read past postings it's all there
  • If your electronics say that they are ready for 110/220 then all you need is an adapter. Most cameras, cell phones and tablets are dual.
  • Just bought 2 of the adapter (GUE) that is needed for South Africa. It was not part of the set that we had. Also purchased a small travel power strip that will charge 3 things plus USB at the same time.
  • edited August 2014
    Navigator1 wrote:
    Just bought 2 of the adapter (GUE) that is needed for South Africa. It was not part of the set that we had. Also purchased a small travel power strip that will charge 3 things plus USB at the same time.

It sounds like you are good to go! Just remember, though it may be unlikely, if you somehow have an odd 110v only device or charger, don't plug it into the power strip in Africa!! :)
  • AlanS - all of our devices are dual 110/220.
  • Navigator 1 Can you tell me exactly the brand name(s) and descriptions of the adaptors/converters you bought. The more I read the more confused I got and it seems you have this pretty well solved. Thanks
  • edited August 2014
    Check http://electricaloutlet.org

It lists each country and the type of plug/outlet used, has links to descriptions and pictures of each type.