Options

Blue Danube Eastbound Sept 18, 2014

My wife and I have never been on a Tauck tour, or a riverboat cruise, and are just wondering if there's anyone out there goingtrip on our .

Also, my wife asks if you've been on this or another trip before, what's the one thing you wished you brought along but didn't.

Comments

• Options
    We've only done the French Waterways on the Swiss Emerald so our experience is limited. We plan a trip next fall on the Rhine/Moselle. The one thing I do plan to acquire for that trip is compression socks. I think they will make the flight over better and walking/touring better. They're fairly pricey so will likely be doing alot of hand washing.

Comfortable walking shoes with treads that don't slip. Was really greatful for my Merrells with the Vibram soles while walking up and down narrow cobbled streets in the rain.

If you're flying coach, bring your own blanket. Delta/Air France supplies ones in coach, but they were very thin and small. Used mine for extra padding on the seat. Also, if you plan to use your own headphones, you may need an adaptor. My sound canceling headphones have a single jack, the airplane used a double so I didn't get stereo sound.

I'm a pretty thorough packer and overdid some for our trip. Several items I'll cut back on. Less clothes for one. As a wise person posted somewhere else on this forum, if you can't wear it at least 3 times think very hard about bringing it. More scarves, less necklaces - as an accessory they weigh less and don't need to go in carry-on bags.

Thread ought to generate some interesting posts.
  • Options
    We did the Blue Danube; I don't think we forgot a thing. We took the last run for the season and it snowed it Budapest in October. We had a spectacular experience.
  • Options
    My husband and I are booked on the Sept 18th departure from Prague. We have been on tauck tours before and loved them! Never on riverboat cruise tho. Grand Canyon and Hawaii. Understand there is time to read and play cards.
    Can someone tell us if there is coffee maker on board the ship?
  • Options
    There is a very long thread about coffee on River boats somewhere on this board. Thank goodness my life does not revolve around a cup of coffee or tea for that matter. As long as there is something that is clean to drink like water, I feel lucky.
  • Options
    This is also the first time my husband and I are taking a river cruise. We are looking forward to all the wonderful and interesting sites and meeting new people. Arriving a day early in Prague. Is anyone else?
  • Options
    kalizlo wrote:
    This is also the first time my husband and I are taking a river cruise. We are looking forward to all the wonderful and interesting sites and meeting new people. Arriving a day early in Prague. Is anyone else?

Hi - Which trip are you on? My husband and I are on the October 16 Prague to Budapest trip and really looking forward to it. We've also never before done a Tauck tour but have done several other river boat cruises and tons of other travel. We're also going into Prague a day early. Weather should be changeable so we're preparing for anything from 70's to 40's for daytime temps. And rain, of course. Sort of like our northeast U.S. weather at the same time of year.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Sandycape, we are on the September 18th Prague to Budapest.
  • Options
    applemc55 wrote:
    My husband and I are booked on the Sept 18th departure from Prague. We have been on tauck tours before and loved them! Never on riverboat cruise tho. Grand Canyon and Hawaii. Understand there is time to read and play cards.
    Can someone tell us if there is coffee maker on board the ship?

My husband and I are on the same trip. We are arriving a day early in Prague.
  • Options
    Roger W wrote:
    My wife and I have never been on a Tauck tour, or a riverboat cruise, and are just wondering if there's anyone out there goingtrip on our .

Also, my wife asks if you've been on this or another trip before, what's the one thing you wished you brought along but didn't.

Roger, my wife and I haven't been on Tauck's riverboat tours before either, but we have taken their tours with some cruising included. It was always wonderful, so don't worry about anything. We're booked on the westbound tour after yours, so please leave the riverboat in good shape for us! (Just kidding). This will be our 19th with Tauck, so I know you're going to have an amazing time. Bon voyage!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file