Internet Availability in Yellowstone?

What is the internet availability at the Yellowstone lodging facilities? Is wifi reliable and stable?

From what I have been able to find, Chico Hot springs has wifi, but it may not be robust. Mammoth Hot Springs and the Snow Lodge have wifi from a third party provider. Can I count on using my iPad to access the internet in these locations?

I know we are supposed to unplug, but I have one time sensitive task that I need to address during this trip. Will I be able to access the internet through my iPad prior to our arrival in Jackson? Alternately, are there any PCs available for guest use?

Comments

• Have you called the hotels to ask? Quickest and most accurate way to find out for something important.
  • edited January 2015
    I had to refresh my memory since its been 2 years, but per the web site (and my dim recollection):

Internet Access

Internet access is available for a fee through a third-party provider. Wireless service can be purchased at Canyon Lodge lobby, Mammoth Hotel lounge, Old Faithful Snow Lodge (rooms and public spaces), Lake Lodge cafeteria, and Grant Village Lodge. Lake Yellowstone Hotel offers in-room wired service and a business center.

I think we purchased some wifi access at both. This was before Tauck started to include internet access. I see the Tauck web site now specifically mentions you get free wifi at Old Faithful and the Wort. Not sure why the exclusion at Mammoth...might just be an omission. I vaguely recall that at Mammoth it was maybe only in the lobby. The rooms there are pretty basic so we spent most of our free time at the hotel in front of the lobby fireplace...nice place to read and they have a coffee bar to keep one caffeinated.

Also note that cell service is non-existent in most areas of the park. Basically, you will likely only have it at Mammoth and Old Faithful.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file