Swissotel in Basel December 2015

What add-ons are included when staying over at the Swissotel Basel and booked through Tauck?
December 6-13, 2015 south bound on the Rhine Christmas Markets.
Is breakfast included?
Tram tickets?
Is there a Tauck representative on site at the Hotel?

Comments

• Doddski wrote:
    What add-ons are included when staying over at the Swissotel Basel and booked through Tauck?
    December 6-13, 2015 south bound on the Rhine Christmas Markets.
    Is breakfast included?
    Tram tickets?
    Is there a Tauck representative on site at the Hotel?

I haven't been on this trip, but typically

Yes
    No, just transport to the airport.
    No
  • I stayed at the Swissotel, La Plaza last year so I can add a little extra info, Alan. Tram tickets are included for the length of your stay. Because the City charges a "City Tax" the hotel throws in the tram tickets. That was how the Concierge explained it to me. I'm sure it's more technical than that, but the explanation worked for me! On the morning of the departure date, there will be a Tauck TD in the hotel foyer to tick you off the list and be helpful generally prior to the transfer to the boat.

Cheers,

Jan
  • edited April 2015
    jdurkin wrote:
    I stayed at the Swissotel, La Plaza last year so I can add a little extra info, Alan. Tram tickets are included for the length of your stay. Because the City charges a "City Tax" the hotel throws in the tram tickets. That was how the Concierge explained it to me. I'm sure it's more technical than that, but the explanation worked for me! On the morning of the departure date, there will be a Tauck TD in the hotel foyer to tick you off the list and be helpful generally prior to the transfer to the boat.

Cheers,

Jan

Jan, Good to know about the tram- we were scheduled for XMAS Markets this year but decided to put it off for another time.

Doddski is on the southbound trip and getting off the ship is Basel. Does this make a difference as far as availability of Tauck staff? Since the Inspire starts northbound later on the 13th, unless she will be sailing with a new set of TDs, I would think there wouldn't be anyone left in Basel?
  • Ooh, I hadn't thought about that, Alan. Um ... I would have thought that if there was a back to back boat transfer/departure there would be a Tauck rep on hand, but in reality ... I don't know. Hopefully a Moderator can tell us ... like it really is?

We might be able to catch up yet on a Christmas trip. I have taken the exact same path to you. Postponed 2015 to 16. It's a small world out there!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Thanks for the input, I am sure that all detail will be supplied by Tauck in the pre-departure paperwork.
  • Hi everybody,

Generally, unless you or someone else from your same departure is going on the back-to-back departure (which in this case would be a bit surprising as they are almost exactly the same itinerary), Tauck reps are not available once the trip officially ends that final morning. That said, your TD will be happy to help you with any questions, or help arrange anything after the end of the trip, if you give them some notice, and are deciding to stay on at the hotel for a few nights.

-Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file