Air fare Prices

I'm planning on taking the Yellowstone /Grand Teton Tour in 2015 .I looked @ prices to Jackson Hole & return flights from Rapid City and they are very high . I'll be leaving from Boston. Anyone have any suggestions about flights to these areas ?

Comments

• Tylerspapa,

Also found the airfares high. Leaving from Philadelphia. United connections and fares were more attractive than Delta's. We are on the tour starting June 13th. Anybody else on this tour?
  • Not on this tour in 2015, but thinking of 2016. Both of these destinations are minor markets most of the year. I would not expect any low prices/deals, but perhaps look at the closest major market airports & those fares, perhaps drive from larger city airports. Or enough frequent flyer miles ? Compare your research dollars to what Tauck's air department offers.
  • edited May 2015
    Yes, the airfares are pretty pricey.
    In answer to BobHamburger. I will be on the June 13, 2015 tour as well. This will be my second time on this tour (last time there 2011). Treating my niece for her graduation. Looking forward to meeting you!
  • stbarthfan wrote:
    Not on this tour in 2015, but thinking of 2016. Both of these destinations are minor markets most of the year. I would not expect any low prices/deals, but perhaps look at the closest major market airports & those fares, perhaps drive from larger city airports. Or enough frequent flyer miles ? Compare your research dollars to what Tauck's air department offers.

I wouldn't recommend the driving option for several reasons. Jackson Hole is lovely, but it isn't near anything. We've done the Tetons and Yellowstone on an RV trip and had to do a lot of driving in the tully's to get there. Plus you have the issue of one way rental car pickup and drop off. Not cheap or easy.

• I don't think there is any way around the prices you will find for flights on this tour. Just try to remember you are going to a wonderful area of the U.S. and talk yourself into thinking it's worth every penny.
  • British wrote:
    I don't think there is any way around the prices you will find for flights on this tour. Just try to remember you are going to a wonderful area of the U.S. and talk yourself into thinking it's worth every penny.

I share this attitude.
  • Texas OT wrote:
    Yes, the airfares are pretty pricey.
    In answer to BobHamburger. I will be on the June 13, 2015 tour as well. This will be my second time on this tour (last time there 2011). Treating my niece for her graduation. Looking forward to meeting you!

Texas OT, look forward to meeting and traveling with you and your niece. Should be a terrific experience and nice to have somebody on the tour for a repeat trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file