Options

Weather in August

Several friends have told us that it will be very hot in August. Are there any recommendations on things we should bring to accommodate the heat?

Comments

• Options
    I live in NM so am very familiar with the weather. The biggies to remember here - shade, water, and sunscreen.

A hat for sure. One with a wide brim to shade your face and back of your neck.

Another handy item is a cool tie. They go by various names but are basically a narrow tube of fabric like a bandana with a small amount of a special "bead" which absorbs water. Here is a link to one on Amazon but there are plenty of others

http://www.amazon.com/JellyBeadz-Therapy-Cooling-Bandana-Scarf/dp/B004XX4XA8

If your room has a refrigerator, put it in a ziplock bag, add water and put in the refrigerator.

If you can't find them, then a cotton scarf that you can soak in water and put around your neck will help. Wash or rinse them out before hand to make sure none of the fabric dyes bleed onto you or your clothing.

And of course, don't forget sunscreen, lip balm with SPF, and plenty of water.

• Options
    Better still, avoid going in the hotter months!
  • Options
    Wuss.

As we say in the southwest, "but its a dry heat".
  • Options
    I went on the trip in August a few years ago. It was hot but as someone said that it was a dry heat. Shorts and capris are all you need. The advantage was we did not have any rain. Everyday was gorgeous. I took jeans but never wore them. A rain jacket would do. I had friends who went in April and nearly froze to death. I honestly don't remember the hot weather for the trip was so beautiful and, of course, the bus was air conditioned. Be sure and take a hat. That will help with the heat. A wonderful trip. No regrets going in August.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file