places in NyC

members i am planning to visit nyc in next month , can you suggest me best transportation to visit famous places of nyc , i want to stay in budget so please advice needed . :) thanks in advance

Comments

• Gray Line has a number of bus tours you could look into.....they allow on and off stops so you can see things at your own pace. You can find them on line. Enjoy my home town!
  • Gray Line has a number of bus tours you could look into.....they allow on and off stops so you can see things at your own pace. You can find them on line. Enjoy my home town!

thanks for your prompt reply , although i am planing my tour in mid of next month(August) , but just want to clear everything before , especially about my budget , i googled your given thing and it gave me many companies which are offering some guided tours . my friend was there about year ago and he suggesting me this tour http://highqualitytours.com/product/ny-motion-picture-sites/ , although its fit in my budget but as you mention that its your home town then what is your idea , on other hand when i search your hint in google , it also giving me other option , so what you suggest ? any help will be highly appreciated ! :)
  • My suggestion. Would be not to visit New York in August, it could, or probably will be very hot,humid and busy, not good form site seeing at all, if you can, go in Spring or Fall
  • I would suggest you purchase a MetroCard at any subway station and plan to use NYC's very extensive public transportation system. All information for subway and busses at: http://www.mta.info/nyct

• edited July 2015
    As a native New Yorker, tours are great, but nothing beats just walking around the city. NYC is really a large variety of diverse neighbors that all blend together to make it a very special and unique place. However, as "British" wrote, August the weather is hot and humid and that's why many natives are away on vacation. If this is the only time you can visit, then come!
    http://www.nycgo.com/official-nyc-guides
  • Ditto! I have spent my whole life in NY -- NJ -- CT. We now live in CT and were in NYC last Sunday to see a show. It was the hottest day of the summer -- and not particularly pleasant -- but we didn't have to be outside much. Touring would have been difficult. Agree with rogfam though -- if it is the only time you can go -- definitely do it. So far this summer has been better than many. When we had friends visiting from CA we used the hop on hop off bus so that they could see as much as possible. They really enjoyed it and it was a lot fun for us to play tourist.
  • I hate to sound judgmental, but from the syntax and content of his/her questions, it seems like shazi is a non-Tauk traveler or at worst a forum troll.
  • British wrote:
    My suggestion. Would be not to visit New York in August, it could, or probably will be very hot,humid and busy, not good form site seeing at all, if you can, go in Spring or Fall

thanks for your suggestion , i was aware of that but due to my vacations , have no choice
    judy05 wrote:
    Ditto! I have spent my whole life in NY -- NJ -- CT. We now live in CT and were in NYC last Sunday to see a show. It was the hottest day of the summer -- and not particularly pleasant -- but we didn't have to be outside much. Touring would have been difficult. Agree with rogfam though -- if it is the only time you can go -- definitely do it. So far this summer has been better than many. When we had friends visiting from CA we used the hop on hop off bus so that they could see as much as possible. They really enjoyed it and it was a lot fun for us to play tourist.

i am really excited :)
    AlanS wrote:
    I hate to sound judgmental, but from the syntax and content of his/her questions, it seems like shazi is a non-Tauk traveler or at worst a forum troll.
    sorry but could not understand what am i doing wrong here ?
  • shazi wrote:
    sorry but could not understand what am i doing wrong here ?

This is not a general travel forum. It is run by Tauck, Inc. specifically for people traveling or planning to travel on a Tauck tour. There other forums like Trip Advisor, etc. where you can get and discuss general travel info.
  • edited July 2015
    Shazi might be a regular Tauck customer who just wants some help with another trip, no harm, I've done that for a couple of trips and a few other regulars. Tauck Tim will probably tell You she is not breaking any rules
  • British wrote:
    Shazi might be a regular Tauck customer who just wants some help with another trip, no harm, I've done that for a couple of trips and a few other regulars. Tauck Tim will probably tell You she is not breaking any rules

Could be, but I kinda doubt it- the tells are, first and foremost Op's post count, doesn't mention where he/she is coming from, language skills (usage, syntax, structure, etc.). Op is not breaking any rules, but that still doesn't make it right. I apologize if I'm wrong, but I don't think so.
  • I am sure you could be right Alan, but I tried reporting this kind of thing once before, in fact, it it the only time Tim has reached out to me, (surprisingly!) no guidelines have been broken, which is what he said then. Even though some time later he said I had been correct and her other posts which became more specific about other tour companies, were removed.
    I mean, if you wanted to visit Melbourne for instance, you know someone on the forums lives there, so it would be reasonable to reach out. I have lived in Scotland, so hey, you might ask me about there. Still, I have to be honest and await events like you are doing!
  • Hi All,

Just a reminder not to prejudge and assume someone is a spammer simply because English is not their native language. Though a minority among Tauck guests, there are plenty of non-native English-speakers who travel with Tauck, and we want them to feel just as welcome as any English-speaking guest.

Also, Shazi, I am a NY native and have lived in NYC for the last several years, and while it certainly seems that others have covered transport thoroughly, I'd be happy to make recommendations regarding restaurants and sites to visit if you have any interest.

-Tim
  • Agree with Tim.

Even if she isn't a Tauck traveler, she certainly is not trying to sell anything. I'm impressed that she could find this forum!

Think everyone should lighten up, many more important things to debate than someone who wants the name of a NYC restaurant!!
  • @shazi, walking around is the best way to get to see this amazing place!!
    even though it depends on how much time you are having!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file