Options

electric outlets in staterooms

Are the outlets in the ststerooms 110v or do I need to bring a convertor and the european plug adaptors?

Comments

• Options
    Modern day devices do not need converters. Ipad, Iphone, ereaders and Androids. They only need adaptors. Check your devices that you are bringing.
  • Options
    I just returned from a cruise on the Savor. There was a 110 outlet located near the entrance in the room that I was in. There was a small shelf area to put things on but mainly the VOX listening devices were there. I did have to plug one charger into the 220 outlet with an adapter because the plug on that charger was odd and wouldn't fit in the area with the 110. I also carried an European plug adapter because part of my tour was in hotels where I needed them
  • Options
    I assume you are on the MS Inspire, if you look on the Tauck page describing the ship it lists all the amenities on board and in the staterooms. Example,"Two 110-volt and two 220-volt outlets included in every cabin for small electronics."

If it's the same as the Swiss Emerald, one of each is in the bathroom and the same in the room itself - location sort of depends on the stateroom layout.

They also provide a hair dryer and do not like passengers to use things like curling irons.

If you want to be able to use the European/220 plugs for your phone, tablet, ereader, etc. then you can bring a European adapter. I got mine at Target for $2-3 but could have done without it. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to compete with my husband for charging outlets.

If you haven't done so already, read everything on the webpage for your tour. Especially the Before You Go, Packing Tips, and Accommodations tabs. They'll provide a wealth of information.

• Options
    Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate all the tips.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file