Options

Bathing Suit?

We are going on the Classic Italy trip on September 6. We were wondering if there is a need to bring bathing suits? We don't want to waste precious packing space if there is not an opportunity to swim. Also, do we need a converter and an adapter or just the adapter? Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    "Need" to bring a suit? Do you "want" to swim? Bathing suits take up a relatively small amount of space, so if you like to swim, why not bring one. If you look at the temps in the "Before you Go/Weather" or look at other weather sites you will see it is quite balmy in Italy in September. You can also look at the hotel websites to see which ones have indoor or outdoor pools. As to whether you will be able to find the time or energy for a swim is up for debate. We are taking Classic Italy, Small Groups next May, but we stay in different lodging.

If you leave your hair dryer and curling iron home, wou won't need a converter, just an adapter.
  • Options
    While I agree with everything Alan says, I am going to Another part of Italy in September too and I think the Tauck final booklet mentioned that Italy does provide hair dryers but they are not powerful and I think it suggests you might want to take your own. Now I can't swear by this and I am not going to get out of bed now to look, but you might want to check what it says in your booklet, I'm going to recheck mine in the morning. Now if you have really short hair then no worries, but if you have a mane and would like to spend those few extra precious minutes in bed on those early morning call days, you might want to take a more powerful dryer. I have a 240 V high powe rdryer, so if I am correct, I'll be taking it with me to dry my luscious locks! Enjoy your tour amd take that swimsuit!
  • Options
    We have done this trip twice, and I would absolutely advise you to bring a swimsuit! The pool in Sorrento is lovely as is the one in Torgiano. By the time you get to Torgiano, you will have some free time, and on both of our trips most of us gathered around the pool during our free time there It is a nice respite after being in Rome. Our sons, and a number of other younger folks, swam in Cinque Terra as well. I am not sure how adventurous you might be about jumping off rocks, but they had a blast!
  • Options
    Hello, I advise you to pack your swimsuits. They do not take up a lot of space (you can always roll them up in a thin foil and put them inside your extra pair of shoes you'll have in your suitcase) and you will be glad you took them if the opportunity to swim arises. Cheers!
  • Options
    I find a swim particularly welcome in dealing with jetlag and in general sore, tired muscles. As Alan said, check out the hotel amenities - pool, hot tub, robes, slippers, etc. A swimsuit really doesn't take up much space or weight assuming there are actual opportunities to use it.