2016 Trip

We were considering this trip for next year - 2016. but no dates are shown in any brochure and also on Tauck website it doesn't show 2016. Has this trip been eliminated for 2016?

Comments

• Not to my knowledge, I am booked for June 15, 2016 trip. Cheers.
  • RonL wrote:
    We were considering this trip for next year - 2016. but no dates are shown in any brochure and also on Tauck website it doesn't show 2016. Has this trip been eliminated for 2016?

I doubt it has been dropped, it is a popular tour- just take a look at the status of 2015 departures. Tauck is probably finalizing or tweaking the schedule and should post it before too long. If you give them a call they might be able to tell you.

It is a great tour, we loved it.

IMG_0955rw.jpg

IMG_0806rw.jpg

• Although I no longer can seem to find the tour on the website, it was posted earlier this month for 2016 because we booked a reservation for it.

Then again, I can't seem to access my reservations page tonight, either.

But the tour for 2016 was posted on the site just last week, so perhaps they're updating the website.
  • Although I no longer can seem to find the tour on the website, it was posted earlier this month for 2016 because we booked a reservation for it.

Then again, I can't seem to access my reservations page tonight, either.

But the tour for 2016 was posted on the site just last week, so perhaps they're updating the website.

Tauck was probably doing website maintenance. The 2016 UA&D tour is there now!

The 2016 tour is 13 days long instead of 12 and you spend two nights instead of one in Cortina D'Ampezzo. That allows a more in-depth exploration of the Dolomites, especially areas where there was "harsh, bitter heavy fighting between Italian and Austrian troops during WWI."
  • RonL wrote:

we are booked for that trip in July 2016...looking forward to it and maybe you will book also.
  • tauck12 wrote:
    Not to my knowledge, I am booked for June 15, 2016 trip. Cheers.

Any ideas on what be a necessity to pack....I hate packing. Do we need a heavy jacket...guess I'll have to check their weather when the time get closer. Enjoy your trip.
  • edited April 2016
    Tauck always provide weather averages in the Before You Go sections of the page for the tour. In addition you can look on the ten day forecast for the places you will visit just before you leave for your tour. I never book a tour date unless I am familiar with and happy with the temperatures for the area I want to visit. I don't like it too hot or too cold, I want to go at the optimum time for my weather tolerances. Too hot or too cold for me, impacts the energy I might have to enjoy the tour.
  • edited April 2016
    Sonja wrote:
    Any ideas on what be a necessity to pack....I hate packing. Do we need a heavy jacket...guess I'll have to check their weather when the time get closer. Enjoy your trip.

Take a look at what folks are wearing in the photo in my post above and the ones below taken at the summit of the Zugspitze (9,718′- the highest point in Germany) and at the 8215' high Hochtor Pass on the Grossglockner High Alpine Road. We went in June and at the coldest places the most we needed was a light or fleece jacket or vest.

IMG_0483rr.jpg

IMG_0725rr.jpg

IMG_0718rr.jpg

IMG_0723r.jpg

• Sonja wrote:
    we are booked for that trip in July 2016...looking forward to it and maybe you will book also.

Booked on the July 20th trip...anyone else going then?
  • We are on this trip starting July 7 - really excited to see the Alps from several countries! I know the itinerary shows free time at several places but I can't tell where exactly we are for that. Are there opportunities to do some hiking in the mountains or countryside? Nothing too serious but want to do some away from town. If you have been there or know of best locations to do this i'd like to hear. Starting to get excited!
  • edited June 2016
    RonL wrote:
    We are on this trip starting July 7 - really excited to see the Alps from several countries! I know the itinerary shows free time at several places but I can't tell where exactly we are for that. Are there opportunities to do some hiking in the mountains or countryside? Nothing too serious but want to do some away from town. If you have been there or know of best locations to do this i'd like to hear. Starting to get excited!

I don't recall there ever being enough spare time to do any hiking, especially away from town, maybe just a short jog or walk from the hotel in the early morning before 0700 breakfast or before dinner is about it. Tauck keeps you pretty busy! Most of your free time will be in Salzburg.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file