Options

Flight changes

Been keeping an eye on all our various flights throughout our 2 upcoming back-to-back TAUCK tours in April and May.

Sure enough, 2 of our flights have time changes and Delta had arbitrarily changed our seat assignments as well. On 1 of the flights we were moved from the right side of the isle which only had 2 seats to the left side which had 3 seats so I moved us back to an isle which still had 2 available seats on the right side.

On another flight we were changed from an isle with 3 seats to an isle with 3 seats but now separated by a third person. So, moved us to an isle where we can still sit side by side.

Comments

• Options
    That stuff happens. In addition to changing the aircraft which sometimes results in a change in the seating, flight times are always being revised. Once flight times changed enough that we couldn't make our connecting flight. Before calling, I found an alternate which ended up being cheaper and quicker. So far these changes haven't caused any real problems.

That being said, in the case of Delta, they don't notify by phone or email of changes until just a few weeks out. I usually book the maximum time (330 days?) out, so to be safe I regularly check my reservations on My Delta. Once I get within two to three months I start checking more often- weekly and then almost daily as our departure date approaches. By keeping aware, I've actually been able to get better seats!
  • Options
    Just received latest 6-page complete info on flights from TAUCK which I then verified with Delta and all the current flight changes and plane info is up-to-date. Seems whenever the flights change, even if just a little, we sometimes get seat reassignments so changed our seats to where we really want to sit.
  • Options
    AlanS wrote:
    That being said, in the case of Delta, they don't notify by phone or email of changes until just a few weeks out. I usually book the maximum time (330 days?) out, so to be safe I regularly check my reservations on My Delta. Once I get within two to three months I start checking more often- weekly and then almost daily as our departure date approaches. By keeping aware, I've actually been able to get better seats!

Actually I've already gotten 2 emails from Delta on flight changes to flights in Jun. Just minor ones on our conus legs that don't cause any concerns (the latest one has our flight getting into Salt Lake 15 minutes earlier than before). Those seats I don't care about. Our international flights we paid to have upgraded with seat assignments picked by me.

The only time we had Tauck book the flight and didn't upgrade the seats, the seats had changed when we checked into the airport but in both cases the seats were better located than the original assignments. What I find interesting is the statement Tauck puts on their paperwork that "we have passed your request on to the airline" when they have never asked what our preferences are.
  • Options
    Nice thing about having TAUCK do our flights. Delta notifies TAUCK whenever there is a change so we don't have to.

One thing I have noticed. Sometimes when Delta makes a change, even if the flight number is the same, they sometimes change the type of aircraft so when checking the seats there may be a totally different seating arrangement.
  • Options
    Tauck booked our flights but I get an email direct from Delta. That may be because we handled the seat upgrade (Delta Comfort) our self so the airline has a contact email address for us. The emails are short and to the point. Frankly I like them better than the 8 pages Tauck mails or emails me that I have to weed through trying to figure out what has changed.
  • Options
    Because we asked Delta to notify us of any changes we get both.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file