Credit Cards - M/C or Discover?

Hi,

I am taking this tour in early June, and I read on one of the older posts that they accept VISA cards - has anyone else used a MASTERCARD or DISCOVER?

I also want to thank all the people who have been on this tour and posted their thoughts, suggestions and ideas - I have learned SO much and gotten some great ideas I would never have thought of.

Comments

• Used MasterCard and Amex
  • edited April 2017
    I saw the little signs for VISA, MC, AMEX (not Discover Card), especially at the hotels, but VISA just seemed slightly more prevalent.

That being said, there really aren't many places to use a credit card outside of the Cultural Heritage Center in Arusha, Tanzania, the weavers in Nanyuki (Mt Kenya Safari Club stop) and settling your hotel bills- for those things not already paid for by Tauck which include most of the costs of pre-tour optional activities while at the Lake Duluti Serena.

The Maasai at the village you visit and the street vendors at the TZ/Kenya border crossing, and at the entrances to the Serengeti and Amboseli National Parks want cash (will accept USD).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file