Options

Jan 4 2018 Tour - Start?

(I posted this under 'general', in error) Do we meet our Tour guide and group on the evening of or morning of January 4, 2018? All other Tauck tours I've been on started at night.

Comments

• Options
    You will get details of when and where to meet your tour director when you arrive at your hotel, be sure to tell the people on the front desk you are with the Tauck group and be specific incase there is more than one Tauck group at the hotel. They should have an envelope with information. We have been on quite a few Tauck tours now where the tour begins in the morning and that is when you first meet the tour director and tour companions.
  • Options
    Although we were on the Portrait tour, I believe the beginning part is the same. For us, Day 1 was listed as a Thursday, but since most arrivals are at an ungodly hour of the morning (1:30 AM for us), there are no activities, not even dinner, scheduled for that day. Basically, starting the tour in this manner gets you a room immediately upon arrival. There will be a Tauck packet at check-in, and the business of the tour really begins on Day 2 (Friday for us) with a morning meeting (time and place listed in your packet). During the meeting you will get an overview of India, some VERY important cautions, and your duffle bag. The touring part will begin after the meeting. We arrived two days before the tour and were able to acclimate and have some adventures on our own.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Ann K wrote:
    (I posted this under 'general', in error) Do we meet our Tour guide and group on the evening of or morning of January 4, 2018? All other Tauck tours I've been on started at night.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are still posting in the wrong forum (I hope that's all that it is!)

There is no January 4, 2018 departure for "Spotlight on India"! There is, however, a Jan 4 departure for the "Portrait of India" tour.

All details will be in the green, spiral-bound book Tauck should have sent to you weeks ago. If you didn't receive one you may have a major problem. Call Tauck immediately.

If you received the green book, look at the day-by-day itinerary and you will notice that Tauck expects most flights will arrive late on Day 1 (Jan 4), some past midnight. Therefore, you don't meet everyone and don't start touring until the morning of Day 2 (Jan 5). The welcome dinner is in the evening of Day 2.

DAY 1
    Welcome to India!

"Tauck's ultimate India tour begins at The Leela Palace New Delhi. A transfer is included from Indira Gandhi International Airport to your luxury hotel, The Leela Palace New Delhi, renowned for gracious service in the heart of the city. Due to flight schedules, you will probably arrive at the hotel after midnight local time. You may want to travel a day early to ease the effects of jet lag and relax a bit before Tauck’s India tour begins – just mention this at the time of booking; Tauck can arrange an extra night at The Leela Palace New Delhi."

• Options
    Yes, I just noticed the same. If your tour starts on January 4, your first group thing (a meeting) will take place on Day 2, January 5....again, as Alan notes, that if the Portrait tour.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    It’s Portrait - I didn’t notice that I’d misnamed it, DUH - thanks for the replies!
  • Options
    Ann K wrote:
    It’s Portrait - I didn’t notice that I’d misnamed it, DUH - thanks for the replies!

Enjoy!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file