Italy small group September 10, 2018

My wife (Diane) and I (Chet) are going to Italy for the first time. We arrive September 10, 2018. If anyone else is going on this tour, lets talk. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Comments

• edited May 2018
    My wife (Diane) and I (Chet) are going to Italy for the first time. We arrive September 10, 2018. If anyone else is going on this tour, lets talk. We look forward to meeting everyone.

You aren't arriving until the day the tour starts? You'll be a bit tired and also won't have time to visit a few places Tauck doesn't take you- Capri-Blue Grotto, Anacapri, Mt Solaro; Herculaneum; Naples/National Archaeological Museum; etc. This is one of those tours where you really should go 2 or 3 days early.

In any case it is a fantastic tour, enjoy!! Oh, and if you make an offering to Jupiter, the Roman God of weather and other stuff, and tell him AlanS sent you, you'll be blessed with fabulous weather like we were- check out those blue skies- no Photoshop or post-processing! : ) And yes, the Blue Grotto is REALLY BLUE!
    It is touristic, but hey, I'm a tourist!

126r.jpg

213r.jpg

182r.jpg

• We just got back. It was an amazing tour. Try to secure tickets to the Duomo in Florence, as this is not included in the itinerary (unless it is included in small group, but it wasn't in the regular Classic Italy) And make sure you get up to the Piazza Michelangelo in Florence, as it has the most AMAZING view of Florence and a wonderful (and reasonable) cafe to sit and have a cappuccino and a snack while enjoying the view. The Hop On, Hop Off bus ticket was a great way to see the piazza and to go up into the hillside outside of Florence.
  • edited May 2018
    I second the Duomo (Il Grande Museo Del Duomo) tickets- good for 48 hours and one-time access to Baptistry, Giottos Tower, Duomo Museum (a must see!), the Crypt (w/graves of Filippo Brunelleschi, a few Medici's and two Popes), and climb to the top of Brunelleschi's Dome! Get your tickets online months ahead. You can even reserve entry times and get head of line privileges for the popular attractions like the Dome climb- lines for this can be long. Link to Il Grande Museo Del Duomo website.

View of Giotto's Tower and Florence from the top of Brunelleschi's Dome. Our hotel, Hotel Brunelleschi, was so close we had to look down sharply to see it!
    643r.jpg

646r.jpg

633r.jpg

• Chet and Diane, we, too are on that tour, though we’re arriving a day early and doing Capri. I am so excited to meet everyone and begin this mag ice to trip. Thanks to those of you who responded with information. See you in 45 days, Chet and Diane! Joe and Jodi Hilton Head, SC

• This is an old message, Chet and Diane went last year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file