2019 Scandinavian Tour

Hi,

We have not yet booked for this 2 week tour as we're not sure when it would be best to go? June July August or even September are options. We want to see waterfalls yet do not want the weather to be to cold or wet. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sue

Comments

• Waterfalls will be most plentiful in June. The longer you wait, the less snow is left to melt.
    FWIW, I'm going on this trip next month.
  • alohasusie wrote:
    Hi,

We have not yet booked for this 2 week tour as we're not sure when it would be best to go? June July August or even September are options. We want to see waterfalls yet do not want the weather to be to cold or wet. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Sue

I traveled on the Russian Glories, Baltic Treasures Land tour mid-August. The weather was perfect. No rain. Sunny & warm days; slightly cool evenings (shawl/light jacket). It was a wonderful trip. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the Scandinavian portion of your journey.
  • Although past performance is no guarantee of future results this is a quote from a recent NY Times article describing the effects of climate change in Norway.

"May had been the warmest in 100 years. June was hot, too. By mid-July, a village south of Oslo recorded 19 days when the temperature shot up past 86 degrees Fahrenheit". We are booked on the May 29th, 2019 tour. I think a pair of shorts and a few T-shirts may be carried along just in case.

I watched the Oslo weather this past May and saw many days above 90 degrees predicted. Research into which hotels have A/C will begin next year when forecasts will be more relevant.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file