Options

Vaccines for trip to Kenya and Tanzania

We have gotten the list off the CDC WEb site but am confused as to whether or not we should get the Yellow fever vaccine.
Does anyone know what vaccines are really necessary besides Typhoid, Malaria, and Hep A.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    You are traveling from Tanzania into Kenya, so follow the rules for that. Many people here don’t want to get the vaccine for Yellow fever, it it is ultimately your choice. There is no vaccine for Malaria, it’s pills. Scroll back through the forum, there are now probably hundreds of discussions on this.
  • Options
    British is of course correct. We just returned from K&T and no one was asked for proof of the yellow fever vaccine. But the requirements can change quickly if there is an outbreak somewhere. And it is often a lengthy process to get the vaccine. You can’t go to Walgreens tomorrow to get it if the requirement changes today. So do as you and your doctor think best. We have been to Africa three times, and we were asked for ‘proof’ once.
  • Options
    Sealord :)) I read your review...How Exciting! I'm going in 18 days, cannot wait. Although.. I got a scare yesterday ending on a root canal. :((( but now I'm fine and ready.
    Please add some pictures of this latest trip and some xtra info. did you had a chance to look at the market outside of the hotel in Arusha? if so is it worth the visit?
    Have a great weekend and welcome back. :))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file