Options

CPAP Machine

Has anyone done this trip with their CPAP Machine?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    gvgirl wrote:
    Has anyone done this trip with their CPAP Machine?

I no longer use a CPAP but know about them. We have had travelers on other trips with CPAPs but don't think we had any on our K&T tour. I don't see why you couldn't take one as long as it is not huge and will run on 220 volts or you have a converter to convert 220 volts to 110 volts. It will need to fit in the Tauck-supplied roomy duffel bag from Eagle Creek and you'll have a little less space for clothes, but I don't see that it will be a big problem. All lodges had 24 hour electricity but I don't remember if we had outlets near the beds/night tables in every one, so you might need a short extension cord or unplug a lamp.
  • Options
    My CPAP machine plugs right into the outlet. No adaptor needed. If yours is as you say yours should also. Even my old one did. I just needed to flip the switch to 220 before I turned it on. Our Canadian plugs will all just plug right in, been that way for everything I ever did in Zambia for the past 11 years. So you can check the top list of most effective and non expensive http://healthyhowardmd.org/cpap-machines/ and then choose something.
  • Options
    My husband and I are currently on this trip, heading home tomorrow, and he is traveling with a CPAP machine. His is a Resmed air mini machine which does not have a water well so we cannot talk about the availability of distilled water. He has used it every night with no difficulty, but you need an adaptor for Tanzania and one for Kenya and you will also need a longer extension cord, maybe 10 feet. He brought an extension cord with him and used it in a couple of the places we stayed. Also, make sure the machine is dual voltage. Most machines are, but it is good to make sure. Enjoy your trip!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file