In-flight Meal?

For those that have flown South African Airways from Johannesburg to Livingstone in Business Class (on flight SA-48, which departs Jo'burg at 1040 and arrives in Livingstone at 1220) were you served a meal (lunch)? It doesn't say on our flight confirmation, SAA's website, or other booking websites.

It is a short flight but getting through customs/immigration and the hotel transfer (via van and boat) can take awhile and we will be leaving for an activity soon after arriving at the Royal Livingstone, so won't have time to eat.

Comments

• Can’t remember Alan and I think we flew Premium Economy when we flew SA but the airport is big so you should be able to buy food at the airport before your flight. You certainly live dangerously when it comes to your extra activities!
  • edited November 2018
    British wrote:
    Can’t remember Alan and I think we flew Premium Economy when we flew SA but the airport is big so you should be able to buy food at the airport before your flight. You certainly live dangerously when it comes to your extra activities!

FYI, earlier I sent an email to a SAA Customer Service address I found on their website (it was a link, I did not type it!)- SAAUSQueries at flySAA dot com and asked about my flight. The response: . . . . "Mail System Error - Returned Mail. . . . The email account that you tried to reach does not exist." How wonderful! : (

I also found this in the News section of their website:

"JOHANNESBURG. 11 November 2018 - South African Airways (SAA) would like to assure all its stakeholders, customers and suppliers of business continuity after government clarified its position that the airline will not be shut down or sold. . . . . .

. . . . SAA also welcomes the assurance by President Cyril Ramaphosa in parliament on Tuesday last week that the airline will remain in business, noting that government is considering various options, which include the possibility of an equity partner.

. . . . The airline’s position is that it will take three years to bring the company to a break-even position. "

So it appears the SA Government will continue to bail them out, but I wonder if it will last for 3 years.