Options

Impressions from the Seine: Paris to Normandy

My wife and I are booked on the 2 April 2019 trip. We'll be flying in from Nuremburg on 1 April after visiting our daughter and son-in-law (he's stationed in Germany with the Army) and four grandkids. Really looking forward to our first river cruise.

Comments

• Options
    Should have also mentioned that we would like to do a 4-5 hour tour in Paris before we meet the riverboat and were wondering if anyone would be willing to offer suggestions.
  • Options
    If it's your first Paris visit there is plenty to chose from. You can start with Viator/Trip Advisor and see what they have to offer in Paris that doesn't duplicate what the tour includes. Just check the cancellation policy for each tour since they aren't the actual tour operators. Some have generous cancellation policies and others don't allow any refunds. Also details like where they pick you (proximity to your hotel), pick up and drop off times, etc.

We had an excellent tour booked through them in Ireland and planning another in Budapest next year.
  • Options
    dckldo94 wrote:
    Should have also mentioned that we would like to do a 4-5 hour tour in Paris before we meet the riverboat and were wondering if anyone would be willing to offer suggestions.

I don’t know the Tauck itinerary for this trip, but if you like Monet you might check out the Marmottan Museum (old hunting lodge). It’s a bit off the beaten path and does not get a lot of traffic.
  • Options
    I went to that Marmottan museum over thirty years ago and today I was looking at some postcards I bought there, hows that for coincidence.
  • Options
    Great suggestions so far, keep them coming please. Looks like trying to decide is going to be a challenge. Great point on not duplicating what the tour does!
  • Options
    Trip is full, wondering if anyone else on this trip is coming in a day early?
  • Options

Hello! Impressions will be our first Tauck Tour. Do I need a dressy outfit for the Chateau or any other event? Merci!

• Options

Yes, but not super dressy. I normally take 1 pair of dress slacks (Ponte knits travel well), a couple of dressy tops, shoes to match and a wrap or sweater if it will be chilly. Even in the summer it can be cool on the sun deck in the evening especially if the ship is underway. You can of course wear a dress but isn't necessary. This will see you through the chateau dinner and likely at least one special dinner aboard.

On other evenings aboard ship they prefer you not to wear shorts, jeans, sneakers, etc. Capris are okay.

• Options

Thank you, Claudia!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file