In-country flight

It appears as though there used to be an in-country flight on this tour; however, on the dates for 2019 I can't tell if this is still the case. If anyone has done this tour recently, can you please advise if all travel is via bus, or is there an in-country flight? Thanks!

Comments

• mobrien wrote:
    It appears as though there used to be an in-country flight on this tour; however, on the dates for 2019 I can't tell if this is still the case. If anyone has done this tour recently, can you please advise if all travel is via bus, or is there an in-country flight? Thanks!

Hasn't been any in-country flights since 2018 or earlier. None in 2019. Maybe British will weigh in.
  • edited January 2019
    Yes, we took this tour years ago. There was at least one flight which I think was from the resort that you arrive at from the Canal amd the staff are right there at the water’s edge to greet you. You leave on a plane from there, or maybe you don't anymore or you stay somewhere else. We loved that tour. Beware of scorpions ????
  • We took this tour in Aug. 2016 and had 2 on-tour flights. In the pricing and availability tab for 2019 tours I see they list a price of $145 for an on-tour flight but the daily itinerary does not reflect one. I also see the 2018 trip reviews mention bus travel through out the tour and not any flights. In 2017 there was an accident involving the airline that Tauck used. The incident DID NOT involve any Tauck passengers, but maybe the safety/compliance certifications for this airline do not meet Tauck standards now. Best to call Tauck on this since they do list an on tour flight in the pricing. This was a great adventure and the kids still refer to it as the BEST trip ever !
  • Thanks, everyone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file