evisa

My husband and I are on the August 3rd tour. We obtained our evisas online for Kenya and Tanzania. Our Kenya evisa just doesn't look as official as Tanzania, and we wondered if that was the same for other travelers. Particularly, the Kenya evisa shows a place for a photo in the top left corner, but no photo appears. (The Tanzania evisa does have a photo.) The Kenya evisa also reflects our a passport number instead of an email address in the Contact Information section. Just checking to see if others have the same issue and if it is acceptable.

Comments

• I'm sorry I cannot answer your question as we are on an October trip and have not yet applied, but I hope that you will share some details of your experience. I read today on the Tanzania immigration website that American tourists are required to have the Multiple Entry Visa as opposed to the "Ordinary" or Single Entry Visa. A list of documents was given that are acceptable to submit as proof of your reason for visiting Tanzania. Did you use your Tauck contract and itinerary to satisfy this requirement?

• That's correct, I had to get the Multiple Entry Visa for Tanzania. For both visa applications, I had to upload a copy of my passport bio page, a copy of a separate recent passport photo, and a copy of my airline tickets to show when I would be entering the country and when I would be returning to the U.S. I did have to use the Tauck contract and itenerary to help fill in parts of the applications, e.g., date of arrival, name and phone number of first hotel, number of days staying in the country, etc. My issue with my Kenya visa is that my photo does not appear on it as it does on the Tanzania. However, it does reflect a bar code as does Tanzania. I may be worrying about nothing since it does show a "Date of Issue". Maybe I'll eventually hear from someone who has one.

• I had the same question about the Kenya evisa. There is a place for a picture, but there is no picture. We did this trip last year with the Kenya evisa ... no one had a picture in the top left corner.

• You are the best! You don't know how much I wanted to hear that! And particularly from you. I've read several of your posts. My evisa also has an incorrect entry...my passport number in the space provided for my email address under Contact Information, but that may be their policy. The same thing goes for my husband's evisa. Think I'm going to stop worrying now and start packing! Thanks again!

• I am working on the evisa application for Tanzania. For the question: Nearby embassy to handle your application, I selected Immigration Headquarter. Does that get accepted or should I enter something else? What works?

• i checked off NYC location as did my friends from New Jersey My sister in Maryland checked off DC location. We were all approved! You need to recheck the status a few days later via their portal. If approved, you print out the Visa and accompanying paperwork. There is a form to complete and turn in upon arrival in Tanzania.

Visas in hand-we are packed and just waiting for the adventure to begin!!.

• We are on the August 17th tour and I am applying for visas. Trying to figure out if I am reading this right. We land in Nairobi but connect with a flight directly to Tanzania. The evisa site says that if you not leaving the airport, you just need the visa to the final destination which would be Arusha, Tanzania. We travel through Tanzania and then head to Kenya and leave from Nairobi. What do we need a multiple visa for?
    Thanks, Joan

• This is what Tauck says on the page for this tour
    PLEASE NOTE: Guests who choose to alter their air arrangements to fly round trip via Nairobi may be required to obtain a multiple-entry visa, rather than the single-entry Kenyan visa required for our program

I really dislike Nairobi airport. Would avoid using it at all costs. Does your US hometown mean you can’t get a flight that goes from Amsterdam to Arusha on Delta/KLM?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file