mail service in Tanzania

Has anyone mailed a parcel with school supplies within Tanzania from any of our stops?

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Never heard of that idea. You are really in the middle of nowhere at most ‘stops’ the hotel in Arusha is outside of the town. You can always give money to save the hassle of taking anything bulky or something that is not a suitable gift
  • This would be to help out a school which is on the shore of Lake Victoria The suggestion was that stickers would be welcome so no weight. I thought I would do this to help a friend when they found out that I was travelling to the area
  • edited January 2019
    This would be to help out a school which is on the shore of Lake Victoria The suggestion was that stickers would be welcome so no weight. I thought I would do this to help a friend when they found out that I was travelling to the area

You also might want to check out DHL- they have offices in Arusha and one in Mwanza at the southern end of Lake Victoria. Mwanza also has a post office. If you Google "post offices in Tanzania" you'll get a map showing the location of all the post offices- you'll need to do some zooming to see them all. There looks to be about a half dozen in towns around Lake Victoria- Mwanza, Bunda, Musoma, Tarime, Kisumu, Bukoba. Remember, a large section of the shore of Lake Victoria is in Uganda.
  • Ok. You have figured out how to “quote”. How do you do iit?

• edited June 2019

That was an old forum post. However . . . . . with the new forum, you can also quote. Click format (paragraph symbol) in the editing bar immediately before the imoji button and you will see formatting choices- two text sizes, Quote, Code, and Spoiler. Selecting Quote puts a little right carat in the text field. Copy and paste quoted text after the carat. (You gotta use the the format button; you can't just type a carat symbol.)

Ok. You have figured out how to “quote”. How do you do it? The quote shading will continue until you hit return

Not as simple as before but it works. :)

This is what a "spoiler" looks like.

• Not working for me. The carat is here not in the text I’m trying to quote above.

• Not working for me.

"The carat is here not in the text I’m trying to quote above."

Try this:

For quote above your own text

1. Ensure your cursor is at top of your post's text window
    2. click on the para symbol, which inserts a carat and a space
    3. copy and paste the text to be quoted after the space. Also, apparently as long as you are not in the middle of a numbered list like this, you can actually add quote shading anywhere, to any text (see my headings) It will only quote what you copy and paste or type. To quoted your first sentence only, I added a return before the second sentence.
    4. hit one or more returns (stops the quoting/shading)
    5. type your own text

For quote below your own text:

1. Type your own text and hit one or more returns
    2. click on para symbol, which inserts a carat and a space
    3. copy and paste the text to be quoted after the space
    4. hit one or more returns (stops the shading)
    5. type additional text if you desire

FYI, after entering a 1. the numbering was automatic (an ordered list?). To stop numbering you must enter an additional return

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file