Options

Questions for IT re new forum

1. Is there a way to "mark forums read?"
  2. Why do some of today's posts show a yellow highlight indicating "1 new," but others posted today don't? I last logged in yesterday.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options

IT is working on a forum users guide.

• Options

When you read a particular thread, the background for that listing goes from white to gray and the font goes from bold to normal. If someone posts a new comment, it reverts, so that you know it has changed.

• Options

Not sure if anyone from IT looks at this post, but I can't figure out how to quote someone's comment (like we used to be able to do) and I also can't figure out how to reply to someone's specific question in a comment string so they will be sure to see it.

Are there any tips on these?

• Options
    edited July 2019

Travelcrazy, 3:33PM. Not sure if anyone from IT looks at this post, but I can't figure out how to quote someone's comment (like we used to be able to do) and I also can't figure out how to reply to someone's specific question in a comment string so they will be sure to see it. Are there any tips on these?

I'm not IT, but you can't currently quote or reply to a specific post (question) like you used to. I don't know if they will add this feature in the future, but until then you'll need to do a work-around (like I just did here.)

First, copy the text of the post you want to quote. Then click on the paragraph symbol in the tool bar. That will generate a special ">" followed by a space in your text window. After the space, paste the text you copied. Note: A return (any return in the quoted material) ends the quote, so if there are returns in the post you are quoting, you must delete them. I removed the return after your screen name, after the time, and after "see it." at the end of the first paragraph. Use "Preview and edit to ensure you did it right. It is almost not worth the trouble.