Dress on the Amsterdam to Basel river cruise

On other Tauck river cruises I recall a reference to some dinners being dress up a bit - jacket & tie. I don't see that in the booklet we received for our upcoming trip?

Comments

• There may not be one. I noticed our cruise this summer the on board wait staff was dressed more casually than previous tours - knit polo shirts for day wear and just a shirt and tie at night. All four cruises we've taken had at least one dinner off ship but half were casual venues (an oompah band type castle on the Rhine and an outdoor dinner in provence) and half dressy (Vienna palace and a chateaux in Normandy). On board it's just the welcome reception and chefs signature dinner night that people make a special effort.

• We were just on one of the Rhine cruises. Our guys wore sports coats for the Castle dinner and the gals all dressed up. Since they had the jackets, they wore them for the Chefs dinner and a couple more times without a tie. We saw all options...it’s a personal choice.

• On our Rhine Amsterdam-Basel River cruise people wore pretty much everything from jeans and a shirt to business casual. I never saw anyone on any night in a coat and tie. It’s a vacation!

• We will be making this trip in mid-September. Booked a year in advance and was lucky to get a room. Anyone else making this trip? It will be our 5th and love the idea of the hotel following us around rather than having to pack every other night. Jim

• Hi, Jim. Yes, we are doing the same trip, I think. We are coming a day early in Amsterdam and staying a day late in Milan. Since you have made river trips before, what is the dress for evenings on the boat, pretty casual? Thank you.

• edited August 2022

Sorry Jane. I think you missed him by a couple years. (;-). But with the cancellations he could be aboard this year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file