Options

Solution to problem logging into forums

After a few weeks being unable to sign into the forums, I got a solution from Tauck support. Just thought I'd share it in case anyone else has this problem.

Problem description: You can sign into Tauck, but on the forum page it won't recognize the sign in ("Howdy Stranger!"). Returning to the home page shows you're still logged in.

Solution: When you get to the forum page, hit the "Register" button. If you've already logged in, it will recognize your login and refresh the forum page rather than taking you to the registration page.

To me this solution was completely non-intuitive. Never would have come up with it on my own.

Comments

• Options

Tauck Tim helped me with the same issue.

• Options

Thanks Ken. I've had that issue a few times, and somehow managed to get logged back in after a few tries.

• Options

Me to, I can get logged in on one device but not my usual iPad.

• Options

Well, after a lot of trial and error, I’ve managed to log into my travel iPad for the first time in about a week. But yesterday the website was very slow, the only way to get it was to refresh the half opened site at the top of the screen And then the forum would open. That’s how I am able to post this message and how I could post on my other iPad. I don’t know about the phone as. Rarely use it for internet

• Options

FWIW, I didn't notice any site slowness yesterday when I checked in.

• Options

I have learned something changed in last few weeks. In order to use the site on my iPad, I enter the site address, manually instead of using the link from their main page. The link just stops.

• Options

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that we have a member of the development team working on this. I don't have an exact resolution time yet for the issue, but I'll be happy to post here once the issue should be resolved, if you'd like me to. (Though you'll probably notice that you won't have to hit the "Register" button to get back in, and it'll just start working for you, before I get a chance to say anything.)

Anyway, just wanted to reassure you that we're working on it.

And British — could you email us at esupport@tauck.com with a little more information about the issue you're having with the site on your iPad? (And, is that with the Tauck site in general, or an issue specific to the forums?)

-Tim

• Options

Tim, having same issue as. British. On tour in Yellowstone right now and don’t think I will have internet for a few days. Mainly having login problem and using the register hack. Also, forum is really slow or just stops loading. Internet isn’t the best at Chico but other sites work much faster.

• Options

Thank you so much, Ken. That worked for me.

• Options

Tauck Tim reached out to me yesterday, I explained problem. They are going to work on it but short staffed because all at a seminar, so it will be next week before it can be worked on.

• Options

Everything is now working!!!!

• Options

Yeah, it’s fixed!

• Options

Oops, now you the above issue clicking 2 for next page at the bottom of this page.

• Options

Thank you for this tip! It was driving me crazy trying to get logged in.