Ireland and covid 19

We are scheduled for this trip in July 2020
We are concerned about the covid 19 and travel restrictions.
Anyone else scheduled for this trip?

Comments

• We did this tour in July 2016. It was wonderful. Best of luck. I hope events resolve quickly. Frankly, I have serious doubts they will be, especially if the current restrictions are lifted and social distancing is relaxed after Easter.

• We’re scheduled for this trip in April 2020 and I can’t believe it won’t be canceled but still shows as going on my dashboard. No new announcements from Tauck since early this month but I trust them and figure they’ll let us know something soon.

• edited March 2020

erocha59
    11:38AM

We’re scheduled for this trip in April 2020 and I can’t believe it won’t be canceled but still shows as going on my dashboard. No new announcements from Tauck since early this month but I trust them and figure they’ll let us know something soon.

There is a new 25 March 2020, COVID-19 Update , but it appears Tauck is having problems getting it to display on the website. I sent an email to the folks in IT to alert them to the problem. They just now took the update banner down from the homepage, so stay tuned. ..

Update (1:06 pm): Tauck IT says COVID-19 update should be posted sometime this afternoon.

Update (1:13 pm): The update is posted.

" . . . . we’ve decided to cancel our tours and cruises with departure dates through May 15, 2020."

I pasted the full text below or you can follow this link: https://www.tauck.com/travel-policy-update

Full text:

"(March 25, 2020) Our passion for exploring our world is as strong as ever, and we remain committed to providing you with truly life-enhancing travel experiences. During our 95 years, we have successfully navigated events ranging from World War II and the Great Depression to 9/11 and SARS, and we know our experience, stability and rock-solid foundation will see us through this current challenge, just as they have in the past. We have earned our guests’ trust, and your travel dreams are safe with Tauck.

Still, we recognize the need to pause. Due to continued uncertainty about our ability to deliver the level of experience you expect from Tauck, we’ve decided to cancel our tours and cruises with departure dates through May 15, 2020. This step is also consistent with the latest guidance from the U.S. State Department.

If you are scheduled to travel with us between now and May 15, 2020, you will be receiving an email from Tauck advising you of your options. Please contact Tauck at 800 468 2825 or your travel advisor to discuss options for a future tour or cruise.

If you are scheduled to travel with us between May 16, 2020 and June 30, 2020, we have altered our policies as follows:

• For bookings paid in full: Any guests who wish to cancel their booking will have ALL cancel fees (including Guest or Cruise Protection Product premiums) issued back to them in the form of a travel credit to be used on any 2020-2021 Tauck journey. Airline change fees will not be covered for guests who voluntarily cancel.

• For bookings not paid in full: Final payment for guests booked on these tours is now due 30 days prior to departure. Any guest who cancels after making final payment will have ALL cancel fees (including Guest or Cruise Protection Product premiums) issued back to them in the form of a travel credit to be used on any 2020-2021 Tauck journey. Airline change fees will not be covered for guests who voluntarily cancel.

• If you are scheduled to travel with Tauck on July 1, 2020 and beyond: At present, all of Tauck's standard policies apply for our land tours and cruises scheduled for July 1, 2020 and beyond. Should our plans or policies change, we will notify you promptly. We understand that you may have questions, and we are doing our best to provide timely responses to all guests. However, please know that our short-term priority is servicing guests whose Tauck journeys have been cancelled, and those guests whose departure dates are closest in. Your patience and understanding are sincerely appreciated.

Thank you for choosing Tauck for your travel plans. Despite the present challenges, we know that brighter days lie ahead. Our experience, stability and solid foundation ensure we’ll be here for you, and we look forward to exploring the world together soon. In the meantime, we invite you to click here for a special message from Tauck CEO Dan Mahar."

• We are scheduled on a June 12, 2020 tour to Ireland, Scotland, and England. Obviously we are concerned and feel that the trip is likely to be cancelled. Also we are not sure if we are comfortable going even if it is conducted.
    I reviewed Tauck’s policy and I understand the the Final Payment is not due until 30 days before the start date. It also states that we get a future credit if we cancel after making this payment.
    What is not clear to me is if we get a credit or refund of our $600 per person deposit if we cancel before we make the final payment. Does anyone know?
    Or what happens to our deposit if Tauck cancels?
    Thank you.

• edited March 2020

If you cancel, you lose the insurance. If they cancel, unless they change it, it will go into an account for a future tour.
    It’s likely the Uk will still be in quarantine in June. They are taking the virus much more seriously there than in the Is US and have amazing plans and action in place to preserve life.
    Wait it out and let Tauck cancel, they will, but are doing this in order of dates. We have an early June tour that I know will be canceled. I’m waiting.

• We were scheduled on the June 11 tour. We pushed it back to August 11, where there was still availability (thank you Tauck!). Hopefully things will be better by then.

• British, thank you for the information on what happens if Tauck cancels as I was not sure about the deposit. Can the deposit always be used on a future tour if I cancel? Or do I just have to sacrifice the deposit? Even if the tour was still running, I would be a little uncomfortable.
    Thank you.

I will have to do some research out of curiosity about the actions in the U.K. The actions and responses in the U.S. have been very dramatic. Certain other European counties are down right scary.

• Interesting times. Our next trip is not until September, but it has several stops in Italy. Additionally, the boat is undergoing a major renovation ... in Italy. The renovation was supposed to be complete in May, but who knows? I’m not packing yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file